PDA

View Full Version : Immigrating to Canada as Physiotherapist

Riddhi
09-09-2009, 04:04 AM
We are a couple both Physiotherapist from India. We have passed out 4.5 years of Bachelors Degree in December 2008. We intend to work in Canada as Physiotherapist.

Can someone guide us through all the steps we should pass through to successfully immigrate to Canada.

alpana
19-09-2009, 03:55 AM
Hi Riddhi, Migration to Canada is a point based system. With only 1-year of experience you will not be eligible for migration. Visit my website Academy of Immigration and Education Management - Home (http://www.aiemservices.in) for more details

swap2frame
21-09-2009, 01:43 PM
hi..i have completed my graduation in physiotherapy...want to pursue post graduation course in canada...can some one plz guide through the procedure required and also suggest some good universities in canada for musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy. i have two yrs of experience in fitness feild

alpana
22-09-2009, 11:37 AM
University of BC and McGill Universities are good. Sept 30 is the deadline for admission to sept 2010 intake.

kayebee8
01-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I beg to differ, alpana. What you are saying about immigration is not true. At least 1 year experience is acceptable because it is the "minimum requirement" for immigration. You are right when you said that it is a points-based system.

docpsgr
14-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi there,

Immigration to canada is point based and you need 67 points to qualify. Physiotherapists are on the 38 high demand occupation list and immigration process is very fast for skilled workers who applied after feb 2008. Having a bachelors degree gives you 22 points, age gives you 10 points, wifes degree gives you 5 points and IELTS score gives maximum 16 points and 1 year of experience gives you 15 points. So in total you will get 68 which is good enough to immigrate to canada provided you get 16 points through your IELTS general module. The process of immigration is much easier than the process of credential evaluation and clearing the exams. you may roughly need 1,25,000 for the process of immigration on your own and 35,000 per head for credential evaluation. we are sailing in the same boat. we are in the final step of immigration and 1st step of credential evaluation. for further details contact us at 919849415500.

All the best Gowtham

alpana
15-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Please note that a graduation degree fetches you 20 points and not 22. Points for age is 10, English language is 16, Partner's bachelor qualification is 4 points, 1-yr work experience is 15. So the total is only 65 points. And all these points are calculated presuming that the applicant has an extra-ordinary command over English language.
Please check the website Guide 7000 - Application for Permanent Residence: Federal Skilled Worker Class (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp) for confirmation. :)

gowtham_pt
09-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Friends,

I am a Physiotherapist and got my permanent residence to Canada in just 6 months. Any one of you planning for a bright future can actually plan to immigrate to Canada. Canada has been ranked the best country for the past 5 consecutive years by United Nations based on Quality of Life, Education, Unemployment, Crime rate and Life expectancy(81 years). Immigrations rules have changed after 28th feb 2008. They have short listed 38 high demand occupations and Physiotherapist is one among them. Immigration to canada is points based and you need 67 points to qualify out of 100. The immigration process is fast tracked for these occupations and they are making a decision in just 6-12 months.

You just need to check these permutations and combinations whether you qualify or not.

*You get 20 points for you Bachelors degree (3 years or more)
*You get Maximum 25 points for your Master's Degree( dont add 20 points for Bachelor's again)
*You get 10 points for your Age(21-49)
*You get 15 points for one year of experience, 17 if 2 years, 19 if 3 years and 21 if 4 years. Maximum is 21 points for experience after Master's or bachelor's.
*You get 4 points if your spouse is bachelor's holder and 5 if Master's holder.
*You get 5 points if you have close relatives in Canada or if your spouse is in canada.
*You get 10 points if you have an arranged employment in Canada.
*You get 16 points Maximum for IELTS (6.5 in reading, 6.5 in writing, 7.5 in listening and 6.5 in speaking each out of 9 bands), You may get less for eg, if you get 6.5 in reading, 6.5 in writing but only 7 in listening and only 6 in speaking still you will get 12 points.Note this is only General Module which is relatively easy and not Academic Module.
*You get 4 points if you can prove your efficiency in Basic level French.

Your cumulative score must be 67 or more to qualify for immigration.

For Example:

A Master's Holder(25 points) aged 26(10 points) with 2 years experience(17 points), average english proficiency( 12 points), married to a bachelor's holder(4 points) will qualify as he gets 68 in total.

A Bachelor's Holder(20 Points) aged 26(10 points) with 4 years experience(21), good english proficiency(16 points) also will qualify with 67 points.

You need to submit your documents of IELTS, Experience after you get the file number where they give you 120 days to submit.

So friends who ever is qualifying according to the points system can plan to immigrate to Canada before they actually tighten the rules for immigration.

Initial application is to be accompanied by just 550 dollars DD for Canada(approx 25,000 rupees) which is refundable if you do not qualify.

I wish you a happy new year and all the best.

Any one who wish to process their application can get appropriate guidance from me at a very low cost. Contact me at 0984941500 or mail to [email protected]

Hurry before its too late.

Best wishes: Gowtham

simoukab
15-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi everybody, im a new here in this amazing forum , i got my master degree in physical rehabilitation in ukraine 10 years ago and im working in morocco .plz i need some information about PT in canada,specially in BC ,i listened about PCE we already started the immigration process so wich the best place to immigrate for a PT? thanks to any one who will give me some informations and my best salutations to the PT in all the world ,sorry i got some opportunities in quebec but i want to BC ,it's my dream thank you

simoukab
15-04-2010, 05:15 PM
esli eto mechta, ona objazatel'no ispolnit'sja!!!

No Warry
29-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi every body

so,if i meet point-based system criteria over 68

there are no exams,wriiten or practical?

Thank you

yelufem
24-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi, no warry,immigration to canada on point base does not replace credentialing and the PCE exams u hv to do as a PT b/4 u can practise in canada.If u get to canada on point base u must do credencialing with the Alliance + PCE exam b/4 u can work as a PT.My two sent.merry xmas.yelufem,BMR(PT)