PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Physio graduate seeking work in S. Africa

ivandaleo
21-04-2006, 10:57 PM
I am due to graduate this July 2006 and looking for work in S. Africa. Could anyone give me advice on what to do si i can get the ball already roling. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

ivandaleo
21-04-2006, 10:58 PM
I would like to add that i am graduating from the UK.

neving
29-04-2006, 04:16 AM
it's been a very long time since I worked in S.A., I immigrated and to get everything started I went to the South African Embassy and asked what was required. They were very helpful and pretty soon I had my immigration visa. Then I had to apply for recognition of my physio education with the South African Medical and Dental Council, once that was done, and that only took 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!, the rest was just going through the paces.
I am sure it is very different now!!!
Good luck, S.A. is a wonderful country, and I loved the work there - I worked at Baragwanath, a huge teaching hospital in what was the Soweto, a black township next to Johannesburg.
Good luck!

ivandaleo
01-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks for your message. What year was you working in SA? Also what are the earnings like for newly qualiifed physio's? Thanks again. Your infomation is much appreciated.

Ivan

heilid
10-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Hiya,

I am a SA physio in the UK. You are welcome to contact me by e-mail and I'll give you some advise and websites.

[email protected]

Cheers
heili