PDA

View Full Version : Vacancies in Australia

LynnBaron
24-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I am about to graduate from physiotherapy in the Netherlands and would like to come to Australia to practice. Does anyone have any information on current vacancies anywhere in Australia? I am specificaly looking for rehabilitations centres. Further, what are the prospects at the moment for new physiotherapists in Australia finding employment? any information would be much appretiated,
Lynn from The Netherlands

liz buckman
28-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi Lynn,

There are a huge number of vacancies within Australia. I would advice you to contact the major hospitals in the larger cities to gain info about their rehab services and potential job prospects.

I would also advise you to contact the Australian High Commission or Immigration Department re: visa prospects. Some hospitals may be able to sponsor you across, commonly for a 2 year period.

You will also need to contact the registration board in the relevant state to gain physiotherapy registration which is required before you can practice.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Liz BUCKMAN

ambertje81
20-03-2006, 11:53 PM
There are plenty of vacancies in Australia, they have a shortage of physiotherapists. If you want to work there it's not easy. I'm trying to get there as well. I'm offered a job, but before you can go there the person who you want to work for has to contact the immigration service to prove there is a place for you. After approval you'll need to get a visa, but there are many kinds of visa. Besides that you have to register at the AECOP, a registration board of physiotherapists. Before they registrate you, you have to do couple of exams, one in english, a theoretical en practical physio exam. Before you do the exams you'll need to do an internship of 6 weeks, unpayed en supervised. After you pass your exam you will be able to work as physiotherapist in australia. If you're from Holland or antoher non-english country you have to translate your diploma and sometimes get an apostille stamp on it, to prove what your diploma is worth.... Let me know if it works!!!
greetings Amber

apostillebob
24-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Anyone needing an Apostille on UK document just google apostilles and use someone like apostilles|dot||org. Great service.

Terry_O
12-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Hi Lyn

There are plenty of physio jobs in Oz but like Ambertje91 has pointed out its not easy to work there. You cant work in Oz unless your are recognised by the Australian physiotherapy council, this means you have to go through their assessment process. Check out the link below.

Home — (http://www.physiocouncil.com.au/)

Cheers
Terry

APC Office
16-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Hi Ln and Terry

A physiotherapist can work for 2 - 3 years under limited registration - go to AHPRA - Codes and Guidelines (http://www.physiotherapyboard.gov.au/Codes-and-Guidelines.aspx) and read the Guidelines for Limited Registration.

Regards

The Australian Physiotehrapy Council