Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Question Exercise software for physiotherapy rehabilitation programs

Taping
    Hi all, This year we have been approached by about a dozen new physio created exercise software projects. Most online and many from Europe. In fact recently some very good ones from the United Kingdom. I have tried them all out and have my favorites but in many ways they all have some unique features. I'd like to open a discussion on who is using such online services, what do they like about them and what don't they like? Did they actually subscribe to a service and then just stop using it after the novelty wore off or are they seeing these tools as an essential part of their daily practise? I look forward to your thoughts.

Similar Threads:
    Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

phunphysio

Re: Exercise software for physiotherapy rehabilitation programs

Forgive me for being a little tech challenged, do you mean software for exercise prescription or interactive games etc like Wii fit?

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I am referring to software that can be used to create homebased physiotherapy rehabilitation programs, exercises etc. Examples would include: PhysioTools, PhysioTec, Maven Live, MyPhysioRehab, Physiotoolbox, Exerciseprescriber, PTStudio are all examples.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I prefer to leave exercise prescription to the gym people, perfectly well trained phys ed graduates who live and breathe exercise. I find my time is better spent restoring function and a pain free status prior to giving them over to someone with an exercise orientation. The flyers I get are filed immediately under B.

Eill Du et mondei

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Poland
    Current Location
    poland
    Member Type
    Other Allied Health Care Worker
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Hello. Do you know any consulties companies in central Europe that can help to choose the best software adopted to the newest regulations. I'm looking at some offers right now, like iec62304 medical device software development process . In theory this looks pretty OK, what would you recommend to ask them to verify they quality?