Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Lightbulb How to integrate Wikipedia references into your posts

Taping
    You'll notice on the formatting bar above a new thread or a reply that there is a button that look like the 'W' from the word Wikipedia. Click on that button and you will get the following added to your post ''[.WIKIPEDIA][/WIKIPEDIA]"

Now if you are certain the terms you'd like to reference have a Wikipedia entry (best to do a quick check on wikipedia for spelling and the best link to use) you can add those terms in between the wiki tags. e.g. the words Cruciate ligament would be placed in between e.g. [.WIKIPEDIA]Cruciate ligament[/WIKIPEDIA] and would give you this Wikipedia reference-linkCruciate ligament

Wikipedia has 1000's of contributors to the medical world and many of the items relating to physiotherapy are already there. e.g. Wikipedia reference-linkLachman test OR Wikipedia reference-linkPivot-shift test OR Wikipedia reference-linkHip resurfacing

You'll be surprised what you can link to.

Using the Wikipedia tags within your posts for the most useful element will continue to extend the value of the forum beyond the content that we ourselves are contributing.

Similar Threads:
    How to integrate Wikipedia references into your posts Attached Images
    Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to physiobob For This Useful Post:

How to integrate Wikipedia references into your posts

physioaj (01-06-2023)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    21 McCormicks Road,Carrum Downs 3201
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: How to integrate Wikipedia references into your posts

hi i am a newbie to this site i hope i will gain lots of knowledge about caring and prevention.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Mississauga
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: How to integrate Wikipedia references into your posts

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    On the Wikipedia page, click "edit". Add a reference for the statement that was in question with a reliable source. It will then turn into a footnote that is numbered and can be cited when needed.