Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 56, Male, Presenting Problem Since: probably forever, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Shoulder - Posterior - Right

Scapular "stabalisation"?

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I posted about this ages ago but have discovered something new that seems to point to the root of the problem.

I've had a long term inability to flex and abduct the right wrist without the arm itself flexing at the shoulder. Also I can't flex the elbow fully when the wrist is abducted.

A physio gave me some posture and wrist rotating exercises (arms straight in front parallel with the ground) but I couldn't abduct the wrist, so couldn't do those.

But I've realised myself that my right scapular is protruding somewhat when arms are hanging normally. And if I move the shoulder forward, then up and back down to a postion where the scapular feels to be flat against the ribs, then my wrist and elbow seem to work normally for the first time.

It does require some effort to permenantly hold the right shoulder in this new position (which is also more on the same level as the left btw) and it seems likely to create neck tension. So should I tape it up somehow? And/or can you recommend any exercises to get the scapular to stay where it seems it should be. I see a lot of contradictory advice on Youtube from physios etc. on this type of scapular stabalisation/position/mobility type thing. Most notably one Dr Evan Osar, who seems to think everyone else is doing a lot of things wrong.

Any suggestions welcome as it's difficult for me to get out to see a physio as I'm a full time carer for someone else.