Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Dumfries
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Male, Presenting Problem Since: 5 weeks, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Aggravating Factors:: playing football, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Ankle - Right

Ankle Strain - Jarred playing football. A little advice please.

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello.

I play football, the team I play for play on a new artificial pitch. Coming up for 5 weeks ago I was sprinting and slid to try and win the ball, as I slid my toes were facing up and the studs on the heel of my football boot got caught on the pitch. That ankle then took on the full weight of my body coming through due to momentum. I didn't hear anything pop or crack. It was sore at the time, maybe 4/10. However when stood up and tried to put weight on it, I couldn't. I followed the RICE method that night. I had no bruising or swelling but couldn't bear weight on it for a few days. Gradually the pain eased off and by the end of that week I was walking freely with a little pain.

I've twice been back to play football, Saturday past most recently. I was OK during the warm up until we got the footballs out. Both times it got too sore to carry on. Again with no bruising or swelling. Ankle feeling perfectly fine the following day bar a small bit of soreness.

I can't find any information as to what I might have done to it. Everything I read reverts to the ankle being rolled, which didn't happen to me.

Any advice/ideas would be warmly received. Desperate to get back to playing football.