Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    brisbane
    Member Type
    Dietician
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 35, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 4 years, Symptom Behaviour: same ,slightly better ,less recurring but noticeable ,but i do surf a lot, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): morning stiff, Aggravating Factors:: surfing running, Easing Factors:: no excersise, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: no

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Hip, Groin, Pelvis - Anterior - Right

Thigh, Quadriceps - Anterior - Right

recurring upper thigh strain pain

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi there

A few years ago i hurt a particular muscle on my upper thigh leg near hip area while surfing. since this it has always come and gone and i have always just stretched it and put up with it.

2 months ago I visited a physio an she gave me a programme to follow with stretches and core conditioning to try and rectify it, though she didn't exactly locate where exactly the strain was, because it is actually quite difficult to pin point unless it is playing up.

But i do believe after a lot of research that it is the rectus femorus muscle somewhere near the top, but defiantly haven't had any groin pain just the " upper and inner side of my leg

The best way to describe it is when i would kick a ball and the pain would shoot up. I have found that these stretches has helped, but i feel as if the damage might be worse than what i think.

It is also difficult to find a particular excersise to stretch it but i have found that, lying down and rolling the muscle over a tube thing provides relief

i have meticulously stuck to the programme and my gym time has really helped my core and surfing, but this strain is still playing up and last weekend i hadn't surfed for ages and i went out and pulled it and have spent the last 4 days feeling it playing up.