Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Member Type
    Other
    Age
    54
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    8
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

  2. #2
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    51
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    It is not (supposed to be) possible, except for the example questions they give on the web-site. These example questions can and do occur on the actual exam .... but probably not all of them on one exam!

    They do not make past questions available to prospective students apart from this, as they state that due to the limited number of questions they have on their bank it would give some students an unfair advantage. Furthermore you are expressly forbidden to discuss the actual content of the exam outside the exam room, or you run the risk of being disqualified through "cheating".

    pssst though ..... many students (Canadian especially) write down all the questions they can remember and are usually more than willing to share as they feel the exam is sooo stupid and unecessary. Canadian grads take great umbrage at the fact that they are required to pay and sit this exam before they can get their licences, even after training on an approved course IN Canada. Canadian grads however do have an unfair advantage built into their training as they prepare specifically FOR this exam, and their tutors know darn well the sort of questions that are due to come up, and they practise them over and over!

    So the thing to do if you are over here is to get working and make friends with Canadian grads .........

    Personally I had a good resp book, a good neuro book and a good msk book with anatomy and all the "special tests". You need to know how to assess mostly, and test for stuff, and move people safely and deal with difficult patients etc. You really have to revise EVERYTHING you ever learned. I did it after qualifying in the UK 25 years ago, and took 2 attempts at the clinical, but passed well the second time.

    Use the resources offered by the Alliance, and sweet-talk some locals into helping you if you can!

    btw if you re-take any part you DO have to pay each time!.... but I claimed it back on my tax and got a full rebate here in Calgary!


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to morwenna For This Useful Post:

    Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    ecneralc (06-08-2013)

  4. #3
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    Flag of Hong Kong
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    2
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by rebe View Post
    Is it possible to get previous exams questions? If it is, please, tell me where.
    My email is rebeyossi@bezeqint.net
    Hi there

    is the written component of PCE difficult?


  5. #4
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    51
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by lorettayeung View Post
    Hi there

    is the written component of PCE difficult?
    What can I say? Define "difficult".

    It is a four-hour, 200 multiple-choice question paper and covers all aspects of physiotherapy including professional and ethical questions.

    It is all-encompassing but not advanced. It is an exam for new graduates, and examples are given on the Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulator's web-site.

    Most people seem to have more trouble with the practical component than they do the written paper.


  6. #5
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    2
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Red face Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Hi Could you tell me which was your "' resp book, a good neuro book and a good msk book with anatomy and all the "special tests". so that i will buy them.
    i am going to give the exam sometime end of this year.
    Thanks
    veena
    2263447711



    Quote Originally Posted by morwenna View Post
    It is not (supposed to be) possible, except for the example questions they give on the web-site. These example questions can and do occur on the actual exam .... but probably not all of them on one exam!

    They do not make past questions available to prospective students apart from this, as they state that due to the limited number of questions they have on their bank it would give some students an unfair advantage. Furthermore you are expressly forbidden to discuss the actual content of the exam outside the exam room, or you run the risk of being disqualified through "cheating".

    pssst though ..... many students (Canadian especially) write down all the questions they can remember and are usually more than willing to share as they feel the exam is sooo stupid and unecessary. Canadian grads take great umbrage at the fact that they are required to pay and sit this exam before they can get their licences, even after training on an approved course IN Canada. Canadian grads however do have an unfair advantage built into their training as they prepare specifically FOR this exam, and their tutors know darn well the sort of questions that are due to come up, and they practise them over and over!

    So the thing to do if you are over here is to get working and make friends with Canadian grads .........

    Personally I had a good resp book, a good neuro book and a good msk book with anatomy and all the "special tests". You need to know how to assess mostly, and test for stuff, and move people safely and deal with difficult patients etc. You really have to revise EVERYTHING you ever learned. I did it after qualifying in the UK 25 years ago, and took 2 attempts at the clinical, but passed well the second time.

    Use the resources offered by the Alliance, and sweet-talk some locals into helping you if you can!

    btw if you re-take any part you DO have to pay each time!.... but I claimed it back on my tax and got a full rebate here in Calgary!



  7. #6
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    Age
    30
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    3
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Hi all!
    Would anyone please post some links to prepare for MCQs?


  8. #7
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    2
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    No links available for canada PCE exams . There are some model questions in the Alliance website.


  9. #8
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    Age
    30
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    3
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by veenajohnson View Post
    No links available for canada PCE exams . There are some model questions in the Alliance website.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Hi to all,
    any one is preparing for PCE from Quebec?


  10. #9
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Montreal
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    Age
    35
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    3
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Hi Kalp 13,

    I am preparing for the PCE exam from Montreal. If you are interested you can email me on sjacob163 gmail.com.


  11. #10
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    Age
    30
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    3
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Hi Jacob,
    I am also from montreal studying in McGill Uni. I have try to send to an email but it is not correct. My email id is jadavkalpesh010@gmail.com send me an email or let me know your email again so that we can talk through it.
    Take care.


  12. #11
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    15
    Thanks given to others
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    hello
    i am happy to help/be part of a group/ facebook or google hangouts/skype i am keen to help revising
    please private message me and we can work it out
    thanks
    neel


  13. #12
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    ahmedabad
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    10
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by PhysioNeel View Post
    hello
    i am happy to help/be part of a group/ facebook or google hangouts/skype i am keen to help revising
    please private message me and we can work it out
    thanks
    neel
    Hi there, I m interested in group study. Pls send me a private msg for that. Thanks.


  14. #13
    Forum Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Gatineau
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Posts
    7
    Thanks given to others
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Physiotherapy National (competency) exam in Canada

    Add your physio job on Physiobob.com
    Here is a free practice quiz that you can take to get an idea where you are at in your studying. It's 30 questions timed the same way as will be on the written exam.
    Are You Ready for the PCE? | Entry to Practice Essentials

    Here is some mini mock exams you can purchase.
    Mini PCE Practice Exam #1 | Entry to Practice Essentials



 
Back to top