Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Commercial Supplier
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

A free practice management software solution for medical practices

alloFactor is a free practice management software solution for medical practices. It is the only software a clinic would ever need as it supports all internal clinic functions including scheduling, registration, billing, EMR, reporting and all external interactions with payers including claim submission, ERA and eligibility verification. The software is built to allow communication with external agencies such as billing, transcription, appointment scheduling vendors. Since it has extensive functionality, website has free tutorials and free customer service to help customers become proficient with the system.

With an integrated database and automated workflow, alloFactor increases productivity, velocity and accuracy within the clinic. It is deployed as hosted solution eliminating the need to purchase expensive hardware or backup solutions. All communication is encrypted to protect patient information. alloFactor is unique in that it does not use a web browser; instead it has the familiar, intuitive Windows based interface. alloFactor automatically self-updates with the latest version, which are generally released every 2 weeks. Since it is not browser based, alloFactor can directly interface with compatible desktop products such as scanners and mobile charge capture software.

alloFactor’s business model is truly unique – it does not charge for its software modules (except optional EMR module - $35/month), customer service and setup. However it supports itself by charging a small fee for each payer transaction, typically less than what you would pay your clearinghouse to submit claims electronically.

For more details go to alloFactor

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Albania
    Current Location
    kelly7898
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: A free practice management software solution for medical practices

Thank you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

[url=http://moviesonlinefree.biz]Watch Remember Me Online Free[/url]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    losangeles
    Member Type
    Occupational Therapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Howdy,

Nice sharing.........! It's informative as well as useful.

Thanks

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 108pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="144"><col style="width: 108pt;" width="144"><tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 108pt;" height="17" width="144"> [URL="http://www.innovativeoutsource.com/"]Website Development & Software Solution[/URL]</td> </tr></tbody></table>

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    N.Ireland
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Guys, I have used free software before and i can honestly say it was not a great experience. ‘PMS's’ are a very important instrument in our businesses, and one that cannot be undervalued. An investment in a practice management system can save a lot of time and money. The best PMS i've came across from forums, reviews and actually usage is TM2 - a company based in UK - p.s not sure about the price, but i do know that the accountants were happy with it!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    Auckland
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Definitely agree with PhysioSolution. Practice Management Software is not something you want to be cutting costs on. It can make you life so much easier if you find the right one to suit your needs... and many hours of your time.
    I have to be honest I have not tried alloFactor so can't really comment specifically on this brand of software. We have been using Gensolve in our back pain physiotherapy practice and have been extremely happy with it. What I love about it is that it has a very useful reporting function which helps to collect data such as how many new clients you have seen in any one week, demographics of your clientele, accounts not paid, etc. Very good for targeting your marketing efforts.
    Alex
    Back Pain Physio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I have to concur with the other comments. The ongoing costs of running a robust, reliable cloud-based business like hosting, support team, ongoing development are not insignificant. Consequently, you either have to question the motives or longevity of someone offering a "free" solution. In my humble opinion a "free" provider is most likely:

• Deriving their income from somewhere else - which could mean your "free" product" is non core or they're deriving value as a bi-product of offering the service, such as via inflated pricing on emails/texts or data capture. Fine but you need to go in with your eyes open.
    • Funded by an investor with deep pockets - great while it lasts, but at some point the chickens come home to roost! Even nice Private Equity houses and VC's want a return on their capital!
    • Taking a short-term punt in the hope that they can capture some customers so that they can generate some income in the future
    • If none of the above, naive and not making adequate provision for longevity and scalability - pretty important attributes for a provider of health records software

As someone who has raised money privately and on public markets and as the CEO of WriteUpp I'm pretty sure there's no silver bullet. All the things that you would expect as a user of a business critical practice management system (technical support, security, hosting, ongoing product development) have a cost associated with them. Of course if you don't want any of this stuff then I guess its ok to take a punt on something free but buyer beware.

Bob Bond
    CEO
    WriteUpp

Banned Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

When we are talking about the services like Scheduling, Registration, Billing, EMR, Reporting, etc. in free Practice Management Software Solutions for Medical Practices, what are the extra special services provided by the Paid Practice Management Software?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Lincolnshire
    Member Type
    Commercial Supplier
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I can definitely understand the appeal of free software, especially when you are either just starting out on your own or you have big overheads. Either way, I can see the appeal. I personally believe the best thing to do when choosing software for your practice is to trial it first - make sure you know what you are getting before you dive in. We offer a free 30 day trial with no obligation to carry on (as do most software providers) using it on both our Local and Hosted editions. Whether you trial our software or not, please still do your research before choosing software for your practice. Take care

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Poland
    Current Location
    poland
    Member Type
    Other Allied Health Care Worker
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I'm always a little confused when there is a new Amendment or regulation. It's hard to keep up to date and also know if software we use meets all the new standards. I started to think that maybe we should go with some medical device development company in Poland to monitor all the changes for us and implement necessary updates.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Commercial Supplier
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Throwing in my 2cents here. When gauging any 'free' software for your practice and software in general - it's important to ask if there are any additional costs outside of the monthly subscription e.g. SMS credits (if you want to use SMS reminders), online bookings, how much each additional user costs etc...

Get the full price so you know the full picture :-).

With Nookal, I am to keep the pricing as up front as possible with pricing directly on our site - Pricing - Nookal. The only additional cost is for SMS credits.