Current Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Question EU student doing internship in the USA

Hello everybody,
    I am a 3rd year student and next year January I will go on internship for 6 months and I really would like to go to the USA, in particular San Francisco or New York City. Anybody would please be so kind to explain step by step how it works and what it is necessary to do? I did some research on the internet but it is quiet difficult to find information for students willing to do their internship abroad and I just got even more confused. I would also appreciate if any of you know some good facility in NYC or SF area.
    Thank you all PTs!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Netherlands
    Current Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: EU student doing internship in the USA

UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP. Looks like a very responsive forum lol

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: EU student doing internship in the USA

Considering that you have not actively contributed to any of the topics, there is really no reason for you to be sarcastic.
    But I'll try to explain:
    Your question is rather specific.There is probably simply no student who has tried this before.

Student internships in every 'foreign' country underlie specific regulations - none of which you can influence easily. In most countries, the responsibility for the internship lies with the university (not the place providing the internship).
    As your internship has to be recognised by your uni and the American university has to accept your undergraduate programme as sufficiently similar, it requires a contract between your university and the particular uni in the USA you intend to visit.

So I suggest, you decide on a few universities that offer a programme aligning with your ideals/ principles/ curriculum.
    Next step is for you to disclose your plan to your university/ programme leader/ paper leader and hope that they agree to take all the formal steps that are required in the process.
    Once this is done, you will need to try and get a visa etc..

Good luck,
    Fyzzio

P.S. It would be helpful if you keep reporting how it all developed.