Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    North Wales
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Service agreements

A medical insurance company wants me to sign up to a new service agreement which would mean that I would not be paid for 90 days after the invoice was submitted. Is it possible to negotiate terms like this or is it just another way that the insurance companies are squeezing us?

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Service agreements

I would suggest that your terms are those that are suggested by PhysioFirst. That is that all clients must pay for their treatment at the time of consultation. If you enter into any arrangement whereby you are running a billing service for them then you are going to end up where many found themselves in this recent BUPA tender. i.e. slowly but surely in a position of having to tender.

I think everyone needs to use the statement from PhysioFirst as the direction and reason why they take that stance.

Of course you could offer to hold invoicing them on behalf of their clients and run their billing for an additional fee, say £20 on top of your standard treatment fee for each session?! See what they say to that

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

112inky

the think is to use the statement from PhysioFirst as the direction and reason why they take that stance.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    uk
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hello........

it depends up to you ...i mean to say on your interest....
    Many organisations are demanding increased quality levels from ICT service providers, often irrespective of whether these services are outsourced or supplied in-house. Service management (SM) is the integrated approach to the management of ICT service requirements and levels. This new publication outlines the background, operation and benefits of a variety of service agreements, and includes models for the design of a service catalogue and service agreement development.

[URL="http://www.uksmobility.co.uk/"]

[URL=http://www.hairadditions.co.uk/]Hair Extensions[/URL][/URL]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    North Wales
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by physiobob View Post

I think everyone needs to use the statement from PhysioFirst as the direction and reason why they take that stance.
    Where can I find a copy of that statement?

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by ckaren View Post
    Where can I find a copy of that statement?
    For memory this was sent as an email alter several years back from the then OCPPP. I have searched my archives and can't find it. If I do I will post it here. For now maybe PhysioFirst can provide it.

I did find this which kind of outlines their position

OCPPP Email Alert - AXA PPP Fri, Mar 4, 2005 at 11:13 AM

We sent you an email on 14th February 2005 asking you not to reply immediately to the mailing sent by AXA PPP regarding BACS payments and permission to put practitioner details on their website, but to wait until certain issues had been clarified. For a number of reasons, gaining that clarification has taken longer than we had hoped!

We now understand that the primary purpose of this mailing is to collect details to enable them to make payments to those Physiotherapists who ask for payment from AXA PPP, rather than the patient, to be paid by BACs, where they wish to. OCPPP has no comment to make on this save to flag the fact that receiving payment from the patient avoids the need to seek payment from any third party. Most businesses, whether physiotherapists or not, should have a valid strategic reason for seeking payment from anyone other than the customer (patient) as this usually leads to more administration expenses and impacts on control over cash flow.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

112inky

hello........

it depends up to you ...i mean to say on your interest....
    Many organisations are demanding increased quality levels from ICT service providers, often irrespective of whether these services are outsourced or supplied in-house. Service management (SM) is the integrated approach to the management of ICT service requirements and levels. This new publication outlines the background, operation and benefits of a variety of service agreements, and includes models for the design of a service catalogue and service agreement development.