Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Sports physiotherapy programs in Australia or New zealand

Hi all,

I am a BSc Kinesiology (Honours) graduate from Dalhousie University (2008) in Halifax, NS, Canada, and am interested in doing my masters in physiotherapy. I am specifically interested in sports physio, as I have been working for a number of years as a strength and conditioning coach (I have my CSEP-CEP and am studying for my NSCA-CSCS) and I love my work with athletes and sports teams. I wouldnt nessesarily pigeon hole myself to just athletes obviously, but that is who I have a strong passion for.

My question is, what programs are available in physio in Australia or NZ that someone with my background (batchelor degree already) can apply for. It seems many of the programs I am looking at needed me to have taken my undergrad in physio...a degree that doesnt exist (i dont think, yet) in Canada. Filtering through the information on the internet is hard and I was hoping that someone on this forum may have already gone through this and could help make things more clear. My hope is that there is something like we have in canada (26 months straight masters programs).

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me out!

Drew