Current Location
    Macedonia
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Thigh, Quadriceps - Anterior - Right

Elastic oscilation like rubber band on the outer quads when cycling uphill , is it IT band a tendonitis or something else ?

I am just trying to figure out what could be the issue on my right leg quad muscles. When riding uphill with my bike I feel weird vibration oscilation on my outer quad like a lastic rubber . The oscillation vibrations are where the IT band is and it is on the lower part of IT band but not close to the knee. Also even when I am not riding nor I am doing anything at the upper part of the IT band and more towards frontal I feel like a dull pain when the leg is in some sort of tension. Besides this weird issues if I drive my car for longer along whole IT band I feel like very dull pain. I went through 2 phyiso therapies without any result. I did try foam roller couple of times but still not much effect. When I put elastic band on the quad makes no diference regarding vibrations.

So how this got started . Few years ago I had ACL surgery on my left knee. Last year due to over training both fitness and bike I had some trauma on my right quad a little swelling litle torn muscle fibers and a dull pain. Went through physio therapy and more or less was ok. Then in the fall continued with training and cycling and then for the first time the vibrations started when I was doing power training on a cycling trainer. Maybe it was a bad seat position or something. Neverthless I took some time off and did again physio therapy and then I took again some time off. Now after 2-3 months of rest very little exercising I started riding again and the vibrations again started when I was going uphill and I wasnt even pushing it hard.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Alex