Current Location
    Moore
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Free Android App to help with Physiotherapy Exercises

Hello,

I just wanted to quickly post about an App that I created for Android phones, which I believe could be useful to patients carrying out physiotherapy exercises. Just to be clear, I'm not interested in making money from the App - it's totally free and contains no advertising.

I created the App for myself while recovering from a broken shoulder. When doing exercises, I found I difficult to completely focus on keeping my shoulder in the correct position, as I also had to count to myself as I was doing the exercises, and remember how many reps i had done.

My App talks the user through each repetition and tracks the rep count, so they can relax and concentrate fully on their body position. It seems stupidly simple, but I really found it helped me.

I didn't really intent to publicize the app in any way, but a few of the people who used it have emailed to let me know that they found it very useful, so I thought I'd make a little effort and post about it on a few physiotherapy forums.

Here's a link to the app in the google store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dmoore.counter

And here's a link to a short YouTube video I made, showing how to create a
    new activity in the app, and how to use it. Creating a New Activity in Rep Coach - YouTube

If you read this far, thanks for your time (I didn't plan on this post being so long!!)
    David Moore

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Free Android App to help with Physiotherapy Exercises

Hi Dave,

Havent looked at the app as i ve just seen your post but sounds like a great idea.

I was wondering, being that you are app savy (!), if you'd know of apps specific to exercies for developemental disabilities?

Im trying to put something together for school teaching staff and parents of children with physical needs.

Cheers,
    Simon.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Moore
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you as I'm a computer programmer rather than a physiotherapist, and I'm not up-to-date with what physiotherapy apps are out there. My app is really just a glorified counter, so I don't think it would be advanced enough for your needs.

Have you tried searching the google play store? https://play.google.com. There are a lot of physiotherapy apps there, so hopefully, you'll be able to find something you can use.

All the best,
    David

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Melbourne
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi, I am a student physiotherapist and a part time app developer. My first iOS app was a Physiotherapy Abbreviations App where physios/students can quickly search for abbreviations or full-forms and search what it means on google or wikipedia with a click of a button. You can check out the app description (with intro Video) here> Physio Abbreviations | Welcome to the Appedia

I was planning to make another app for exercises and was wondering if anyone has any ideas about some features that it should have. I do not like to repeat myself making the same apps which are already on the market. I would want to go ahead and step-up by adding or incorporating a feature that stands apart and which would benefit the patients and physiotherapists. Please let me know if you have anything in mind. Especially if you have just recovered from an injury. Is there anything particular issues you faced or any feature you wished the app had? Hope you are recovering well, cheers!