Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Aurora, Co
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

US DPT student looking to do clinicals with qualified US physiotherapists working in New Zealand

Taping
    Hi everyone, I am a DPT student in the United States and would love to do a 6 month clinical rotation in New Zealand. My school says this is possible but that I would need to be with a physiotherapist in New Zealand that is also US qualified.

I have been having some trouble finding physiotherapists that are registered in NZ and with a US license as well (due to privacy concerns online). Does anyone have any ideas on how I may be able to find someone who meets these qualifications? Any clinics to contact would be great. Any physiotherapists from NZ on this forum that my school could contact would be great. Please let me know!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: US DPT student looking to do clinicals with qualified US physiotherapists working in New Zealand

Hi,
    first up: Sorry, I don't know any Physio that is US qualified.

In order to practise in NZ (whether fully qualified or student clinical placement) you will need permission from the NZ Physioboard and have to contact one of the NZ Physiotherapy Schools.
    See here; Prescribed Qualifications / Clinical Placement | Physiotherapy Board New Zealand

Good luck,
    Fyzzio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Aurora, Co
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: US DPT student looking to do clinicals with qualified US physiotherapists working in New Zealand

Thanks for the reply Fyzzio.

Do you know if this process is the same in Australia as well? I noticed that in order to do clinicals in NZ, a student must enroll in a physiotherapy school there. I will already be taking classes from my grad program at the same time as my clinicals, so this won't be possible. I was curious if you knew whether I would have to enroll in a physiotherapy school in Australia in order to gain clinical placement there as well.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Hi,
    I don't think you need to be enrolled in a NZ Physioschool. But it says that you (or your Uni) need to arrange the placement through one of the NZ Physio schools. You cannot arrange that with a private Physio.
    Sorry, I don't know much about the process of managing clinical placements in Australia.
    Regards,
    Fyzzio