Current Location
    pakistan
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

help me

Hi,
    I am a doctor by profession. I have younger boy (28 months old).He got meninigitis at the age of 2 months.He is hypotonic.He can't move his upper and lower limbs properly especialy left arm and right leg.His right arm can go up to mouth but he cant take it above the head.He is also developing deformity on right leg. His right foot is dropped down and right leg looks lengthy than left one.I should use KAFO for his right leg or not.He can sit with some functional Wikipedia reference-linkscoliosis.He is much improving day by day but very slowly.But still he cant stand.I wanna to see my child walking. Can u guide me webs or exercises which I can do for my child.I need help.

estherderu

Re: help me

dear Farzana,

I did not see this message before, I tend to look at the paediatrics section most of the time.
    Before I can give you an answer, could you tell me if your child is recieving physiotherapy or not?.
    If this is the case, for how long and with which "methods" and what have been the results so far? has anyone assessed your childs' possibilitites with the GMFM or another measure?
    If not, what have you been doing to stimulate him?

With this information I hope to be able to give you a well founded answer.

Kind regards

Esther de Ru
    www.estherderu.com

junior_physiotherapist

Thumbs up Re: help me

Hallo All,

Let us at first hope fast full recovery for your boy,

Yes,really we need assessment for your child to able to help properly,

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    pakistan
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Exclamation Thank you

My 3 years old boy was normal at birth. He got meningitis at the age of 40 days and remain on ventilator for 06 days.After that he got genetralized Hypotonia.He can do only flickering movements of his hands and some eye movements.He can't suck feeder. his CT bain at the age of 9 month show prominent sulci & gyri. His NCS, EMG and muscle biopsy was unremarkable at age of 10 months. However with the passage of time this bilateral & symmetrical hypotonia is getting improved. Now condition is that he can sit with some left sided functional Wikipedia reference-linkscoliosis.His right arm has better motor activity than left arm.He can grip. hold the pencil & draw lines on paper with right hand, but cant take his right arm above the head. And left leg is much better with all movements power 4.but right leg is very weak feeling some movement on right hip joint ans right Knee flexion and toes only.he is also developing right foot drop deformity with outward rotation of the right leg, right knee is turning toward inside.Can EMS is helpfull for his floppy muscles?.He can't bear weight on his legs yet. But He is crawling (while in sitting position he propel himself forward moving on his buttocks and can reach to the desired place).I am doing passive ROM of all joints. Now I need help for strenthening exercises for his left sided functional scoliosis and right leg. I am doing some swiss ball exercise for back strengthening also.kindly give more details about swiss ball exercises as well as strengthening & balancing exercises.
    I am attaching some images of my child.

help me Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (404.4 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (398.7 KB, 2 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (530.7 KB, 2 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (529.7 KB, 2 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (466.3 KB, 2 views)