Flag of Croatia
    Current Location
    croatia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

carpal tunel syndrom

hy, litle introducin to my self before i post, i come from Croatia, and i'm physiotherapist. well, that's it.

so, my wife, have a CTS problem, she is 25 year old, and she is pregnant, hers hand wrist and fingers are shudder??
    i'm wonder can anyone help me with some treatment ideas, that i could make her better, cause she cant even sleep at night, cause of shudder in hands.
    i'm somehow frightenedwith idea of surgery, cause one of CTS "causes" is pregnacy in the first place so perhaps when she get birth simptoms will draw back.

i have read in some post here that laser therapy is good, then excersise, and splints... is there anything else?
    what laser, could anyone thel me, then what excercise, i found some, like streching in wrist, is it "tendon glide" or somethig.

my question is is there any chanse that conservative therapy could do some help, and then if it is, and hope there are, what is recomendet

whou, thanks in advance, srkanis

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    Canberra, ACT, AUSTRALIA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: carpal tunel syndrom

Hi Srkanis

I checked on PEDro - the evidence-based physiotherapy website and there are some good reviews of conservative treatments, and also a couple of physiotherapy trials so have a look yourself:

home

That is the consumer page. There is also a professional page.

But if you just enter Carpal tunnel in the search it will bring up details on:

Surgical versus non-surgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome (Cochrane review) [with consumer summary] Select
    Local corticosteroid injection for carpal tunnel syndrome (Cochrane review) [with consumer summary] Select A systematic review of conservative treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome [with consumer summary] Select
    Non-surgical treatment (other than steroid injection) for carpal tunnel syndrome (Cochrane review) [with consumer summary] Select
    Ultrasound treatment for treating the carpal tunnel syndrome: randomised "sham" controlled trial [with consumer summary]
    A pilot study comparing two manual therapy interventions for carpal tunnel syndrome [with consumer summary]

I thought you might be interested in reading about the neural mobilisation and also that ultrasound appears effective - at least in this trial.

If you have difficulties accessing the original articles and want to read them tell me which one's you can't get yourself. I may be able to email you PDFs.

All the best for you and your wife with the baby