Current Location
    Corona California USA
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Question fractured fifth metatarsal

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi folks, my problem is a fracture I sustained when I slipped on a sandy curb and all my body weight came down on the outside of my right foot. Visited the emergency room, Xrays confirmed an aligned break in center of fifth metatarsal. I was splinted and given crutches and tiold to see my doctor in three days. I just moved and have no doctor (no health plan). I have Meniere's Syndrome which affects my balance, tried to walk with crutches but kept falling, I fell on the injured foot, would have more breaks if I tried to keep it up. Now I'm doing the RICE regimen (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) but I live with my mother, age 98, and I have no choice but to allow my weight on my foot to walk to the grocery store, etc. My foot seems to be improving (it's been two weeks since the fall. Still trying to sign up for a health plan. Any advice would be very much appreciated...