Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    South Yorkshire
    Member Type
    Social Worker
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Angry Weighted belts for babies - 25% of body weight!

Cerebral Palsy In Infancy
    Hi!

Someone recently posted what I thought was an alarming picture recently - it was of their approx 12month old 8kg crawling baby wearing a 2kg weighted belt.

The dad said it is only a 'bit of fun' and that he 'takes it off when he gets frustrated'.
    "
    He started doing 2 lengths of the mat, chasing the ball. He is now doing 6 lengths with the weights. He is a strong little fella
    "
    (The 'mat' is at least 12-15m long.) I seem to be the only one who thinks this is wrong and that it could cause some damage in the child and it's physical development? I wish to say so but I need some evidence to back up my claim - I am sure I will be flamed if this is a serious picture that has been taken for real! Please help if possible! Or, assure me that it won't cause any damage to the developing nipper and will help him develop strength...

Kind regards..