In June 2010 I broke 5th metacarpal on my dominant hand in an impact injury...Now after the fracture has long since healed, not without delay of healing, I still have limited grip strength 10kgs to pain, 20-24kgs max...other hand measures between 36-38kgs. The pain is located in the fracture side of the wrist, pain settles almost completely with low activity and splint...Starts hurting on squeezing and rotation of wrist. Full range of motion...

To start with I just carried on working till it would seize up and ache all next day...I am a bit of a workaholic, but since Dec have limited activity and pain has settled right down..

Wikipedia reference-linkMRI and CT didnt show anything obvious other than a slight rotation of the metacarpal...worse luck...

The surgeon has told me its crps-but my hand thearpist and I can't see the symptoms that could make him come to this conclusion. Hand thearpist seems to think TFCC effected....

I am really lost, I have to get treatment for crps next week. How do I work out whether it is crps or tfcc or something else? What are the sort of things I need to ask or be saying or looking for?