Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Fareham
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 20, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 3 months ish, Symptom Behaviour: remaining constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): after training, Aggravating Factors:: training/pressure, Easing Factors:: resting after training sessions, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Knee Injury

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi guys, I've come here to try and desperately find out the problem with my knee. I've been to a physio and he didn't give me a diagnosis at all so i really hope my explanation is good enough to atleast give me an indication of what it could be.

I practice a sport called tricking which is a combination of martial arts and gymnastics, it's quite high impact on especially one on my legs (and therefore knee). This particular injury seemed to occur after a heavy banging impact directly to the patella.

I have pain on the patella tendon if a finger applies pressure in an upwards motion just below the patella. From this i found online the possiblity of patella tendonitis however i have done a fair bit of strength training and sampled rest periods and nothing has improved.
    The next symptom (which leads me to believe it's something other than patella tendonitis) is a ridge across the top of my patella. At first i thought it was a crack through the patella however i realised that i probably wouldn't have been able to walk if this was the case. It feels like something may have stretched over the patella, i can adjust it very slightly and just below it occurs the tender lump at the base of the patella. My condition has not improved after both rest and strength. I am a professional in my field so it's pretty necessary i heal up fast so that i can carry on living without starving aha :P

Thanks a lot in advance for any help given.