Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Louisiana
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: myself, sorry I didn't know i couldn't list myself ??, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 6 months..although very slightly now..only the size and shape issues. Pain stopped a long time ago, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): n/a, Aggravating Factors:: nothing anymore really. Sometimes feel pain when laying flat and extending elbow with thumbs up, Easing Factors:: nothing, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: I am perfectly healthy. Just your average body builder who was bulking and made a stupid mistake to try to play golf

Possible Brachialis strain?? Please help

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello, I'm about to be a DPT student in the US and am really glad I found this forum. Hopefully there is an iphone app so I can stay in touch. So my question: last november I was bulking a bit, probably 9-10 kg in a short period of time. I went to the driving range to play some golf and i didn't stretch or do any warm up like an idiot. Well, I felt an instant snap where my arm pit was and it felt like a tendon or something. It really may have been a slight sprain in the prox biceps tendon, but i don't know. The pain would obviously proceed if I tred to swing again. It was mainly in my arm pit and under my biceps brachii, so maybe the brachialis. There was NO discoloration. My GF is a PT luckily and she iced me and such, but there wasn't really anything we could do after that. I went to the gym the following week and hammer curls ( palm neutral) really hurt, where as supinated, regular curls didn't at all.. It was very strange. I don't know what happened and It pissed me off because I'm just a poor student..I don't have the money for an MRI, so I have to self rehab . ha! So I really look in the mirror and I can feel that the bicep is smaller, and there is a slightly less peak of the biceps upon contraction. I haven't totally gained confidence in lifting really really heavy with that bicep even now, so I lift carefully. But, it's a shame I couldn't get an MRI. Does anyone know what this may be? I don't know if something is causing it to not grow or what...?? ( I'm a bodybuilder and this may affect competition). A week or so after the injury, I was bench pressing light weight to make sure my arm pit still hurt and it did. It tells me there is something connected with the brachialis and the armpit pain. If someone could please shed light on similar events that may have happened in golf patients I would be greatly appreciated. It's been bothering me for months...and the stagnating hypertrophy is frustrating as well. So far, nothing wrong with the distal portion of the bicep. Mainly the short head, brachialus, and formerly the arm pit ( no arm pit pain anymore)

Some cliff notes:
    - Swung golf club
    -Immediate pain in arm pit, left bicep ( mainly outer biceps short head, or under where the brachialis is)
    -that night, swolen, but I iced it.
    -in the gym, pain upon hammer curls, but not regular curls
    -slight decrease in bicep peak, but not too much
    -seems like a slight loss in size
    -can't tell if it's a muscle strain, or tendon sprain trying to heal itself and inhibiting the muscle to grow properly...

Any expert knowledge is appreciated. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I googled this and i cannot take another " tendonitis" answer on yahoo! . Please help!

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I would like to also point out that it sucks how expensive MRI is here in the good ole' US. I imagine it is different elsewhere.