Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Barnstaple
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 29, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 14 months, Symptom Behaviour: Worse, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): All the time, Aggravating Factors:: Use of hand, Easing Factors:: Pain killers, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, Unexplained Weight Loss: Lost over a stone a few months ago for no reason, has stayed off, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Wrist, Hand - Posterior - Left

Wrist, Hand - Anterior - Left

Unhappy Wrist pain. Ongoing for over 12 months

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Ill try and be as to the point as I can.
    I broke my scaphoid about 8 years ago, they thought it healed fine, but bout 4-5 months later with a lot of pain they did a CT scan and found a non union. So a bone graft and pin were used to fix it, job done. I had slightly limited movement, and the odd bit of pain, that wrist has always seemed easier to hurt but no big issue.

About 14 months ago the other side of my wrist started playing up, around the tfcc area, I had recently taken up golf so I assumed this was a sprain, I used one of those wrist widgets to no avail. After a few months it was getting worse, Id get a little tingling in the pinky and 2nd digit. After a few more months I developed pain around the base of my thumb around the scaphoid area. And sometimes even pain in the centre of wrist, centre of back of my hand, front of wrist going on to palm, and even up the forearm itself.

I got the thospital, and the orthopedic department had no real suggestions as to cause other than to remove the pin and try a CT scan later.

Im at that stage now, Ive had the pin out about 6 weeks ago. And its worse than ever, I am a window cleaner and Im having to take codeine just to get through a few hours work. I now also have a cramping burning pain sometimes in the centre of wrist going on to my palm.

I am due back at hospital next week, and im going to push for the CT scan.

Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this? I do a lot of research online, but I have been unable to find anything really like this. Am I likely to have these kind of problems for the rest of my life, is there likely to be treatment? Any information or advice would be great.

Thankyou

Andrew