Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Tennessee
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 42, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 6 1/2 weeks, Symptom Behaviour: worse at times, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Worse at night. Swelling peaks in the evening., Aggravating Factors:: walking, standing, exercise, Easing Factors:: sleeping, Investigations: X-rays 2 days post injury, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Shin - Anterior - Right

Ankle - Right

Foot - Anterior - Right

Exclamation Sudden medial ankle pain 6 weeks after sprain

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I dropped 4-6 ft from a rope onto another rope. Rolled my right ankle (on the outside) and received a very bad sprain. Swelled and bruised immediately. X-rays showed no fracture. I was put on crutches for 2 weeks, a walking air boot for another 2 weeks. 3 of those days I experienced excruciating ankle and leg pain, about a week apart each. It's been 6 1/2 weeks and I've returned to a modified workout (12 inch box steps, rowing, upper body weights) with the boot. When I'm not working out, I'm stretching and doing rehab exercises for the ankle.

4 days ago I walked on a flat surface with tennis shoes (I've done this before). The next morning I woke in the middle of the night with excruciating pain around and on the inside (medial) ankle bone. I was unable to put any weight on that foot, it was swollen 4x its normal size (about the same as day 1 swelling), and painful even to the touch or wiggling toes.

After RICE, the next day the pain was down and I was able to bear weight again. Swelling is keeping at a 2+ (down from 4+) and covers the entire foot and lower leg.

What is going on?