Flag of Switzerland
    Current Location
    df
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 34, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 8 weeks, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): morning, Aggravating Factors:: exercise, Easing Factors:: rest and disinflamatory pads, Investigations: MRI showed no major injuries of tendons or ligaments, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Foot - Posterior - Left

Foot pain - Somewhere around 3rd and 4th toe

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi all,

I am dealing with a foot problem which is taking much longer to heal than I expected.

I am 34 years old and have been dancing for around 6 years now. I dance at least 5 times per week. Around 7 weeks ago I trained barefoot on wooden floor and felt a pain in my foot. This pain continued to be there for the remaining session but then went away for a few days after. The next week it suddenly returned and it got so bad that I could barely walk 100 meters and the foot was swollen quite a lot. I stopped all my activities to let the injury heal but after 8 weeks, I still feel pain walking even though the pain is much reduced.

In the meantime my doctor gave me a cortisone shot in the nerve because of a possible Norton Neurom. This helped a bit but the pain never fully went away. I got inserts to support the curvature in my front foot but I stopped using them after I felt the pain got worse. I started wearing super squishy shoes to reduce the impact from walking on my foot. Nevertheless, the pain is very persistent. I recently did an MRI which showed no major injuries. Only slight watery retentions. My doctor believes that the cause of my pain is minor injuries in the ligaments or tendons.

I have gone through a long lasting knee injury (patella tendinitis) which took 2 years to heal. The only reason I managed to overcome this pain was because I started working on eccentric exercises for the quad muscle which in the end restored the tendon fully. Now I am afraid that I am again wasting precious time if I just try to sit out this injury instead of actively working on a recovery.

Does anyone here have an idea which kind of exercises can support my recovery. What are the risks associated?