Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 34, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 7 months, Symptom Behaviour: Constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Evening, Aggravating Factors:: Daily movement, Easing Factors:: Sleeping at night and lying down for eight hours, Investigations: Nothing showing on MRI or xray, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Life destroying hip pain for 7 months

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I have deep continuous pain just beneath my left iliac crest in the glute med and also deep pain at the left Piriformis, my lower back is also stiff. This pain has been constant and life altering since March when it came on during a yoga sessions where the teacher put me into an exaggerated twist position. Aggravated even more by seemingly any activity, this was originally diagnosed as tendinopathy, then a nerve issue but it carries the characteristics of neither. There is a deep aching pain, not an electrical pain. The pain does not shoot down my leg, the area doesn’t tolerate gradual loading. The pain is only relieved somewhat after lying down in bed all night but then as soon as I’m up on my feet again the pain builds and builds throughout the day and is worst in the evening. It can be positional to the extent that side planks with the left side lower are particularly aggravating. Shockwave therapy which I had in May hasn’t improved the pain, neither have 100s of hours of light physio exercises over 7 months- clam shells, bridges, monster walks, planks. I have tried regular deep tissue massage, had over 20 physio sessions, there is no relief. The only window I had was for 2 weeks in August following 5 steroid injections into the glutes, now the pain is back to its original levels. Formerly captain of the netball team, a marathon runner, cyclist, now pretty much housebound, I would really appreciate if anyone could help with diagnosis or suggestions so I can get my life back. I am a 34 year old woman, healthy weight. I have history of ACL surgery on my left knee 4 years ago using hamstring tendon (so my left hamstring is pretty weak), I had stress fractures in both left and right tibia 3 years ago and I had ITB problems left side last year.