Townsend
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Question 2 weeks post acl op

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hey, was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am a semi pro footballer and i ruptured my ACL lasy year and as a result i got an ACL reconstruction. They used the medial hamstring tendons of my leg as my graft.

I am two weeks post op now and beginning to get off crutches but yesterday i was walking for about 20 minutes and i suddenly changed direction and felt a click in my inner knee. Although there was no real pain there was just inflamation and minor swelling, i am just wondering if its possible that i may have damaged the graft or even the screws from the surgery. And also i am curious to know, how easy/hard is it to damage this graft or the screws so soon after the operation? And would it be noticeable if you do so seeing as the graft isnt really attached to the body?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    midlands, uk
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: 2 weeks post acl op

Just wondering how things turned out seeing as its been some time since you asked the question.
    Thanks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    uk
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: 2 weeks post acl op

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    I too had cruciate reconstruction. My graft was taken from the 3rd patella tendon (front of the knee cap) I was told by the surgeon that the graft would be like a piece of wet tissue paper for the forst week or so until it starts to heal. I was in a rigid leg brace for 2 weeks. Only removing it to stretch and bend my knee. NO weight bearing withough the brace until after the 2 weeks. If you've been walking around without a brace I would imagine there is potential to do further damage. If I were you I would go back to see your surgeon or your GP. Without a Wikipedia reference-linkMRI though - only time will tell if you have casused any further trauma to the graft.

Hope all works out for you.