Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Birmingham
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Cool Sports therapy student - unpaid/volunteer work required (football)

Hi, I am a 29 year old first year student of Sports Therapy BSc.

I am currently seeking regular unpaid work experience with an amateur/semi pro/professional football club in the east midlands/west midlands area.

Components of the course I am studying are Sports injuries and rehab, Sports massage, Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning and Fitness and Training.

I have my own transport and are flexible with dates/times etc.

I would love the chance to develop my knowledge and gain valuable experience at the same time.

Please feel free to reply to [email protected] or via reutrn message on the forum.

Many thanks, Tom.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Middlesbrough
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Sports therapy student - unpaid/volunteer work required (football)

Taping
    Hi Tom

I notice this thread is from several months ago, so you may have found something by now. Where abouts in the midlands are you based? As i understand Notts County were looking for an unpaid massage therapist not long back, it would be worth getting on to them to see if the positions still open and if what your looking for matches what they require. Would b a good place to get started and get you practise in.

It would also be a god idea to draft up a list of all the clubs in your area (at all levels) and contact them directly to see if you can help out with various aspects of sports therapy to get experience. Or if you've got mates that play sunday league, you could offer to do some volutary work with them, such as sports massage and pitchside first aid to get a bit of practice.

I hope thats helpful for you pal if you havent found anything yet.