Current Location
    Melbourne
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Football Club medical room facilities

Hi

I am in Sussex and I need some planning advice. I am going to add a proper physio room at our club and it would be very helpful to know what I should have in it (must haves and nice to haves) and what a suitable size is? I have no experience in this area at all.

The plan is to make it available for a physio to use for private treatments outside of match times.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Leeds, Uk
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Football Club medical room facilities

Plinth, desk, chairs, window, sink, Ice machine. Think that just about sums up my room. Some shelves to keep my stuff and a lock on the door to stop my tape getting nicked! I suppose other than that it depends what your physios into, electrotherapy stuff, i dunno.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Brighton
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

HI may be few fitness testing equipment's, like vertical jump test, bleep test, agility test cones and so on. Possibly Gymstick or terapulleys for trunk testing. I have a electric Physiotherapy couch, I shut down my sport clinic, if needed email me on [email protected].

Cheers

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    Essex
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi

You will probably need a lockable filling cabinet or cupboard for any medical notes as well. Other than that I think everyone has covered the basics.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Scotland
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Taping
    Hi,

My room is at a sports club and use it privately out of hours exactly as your planning. For starters I pretty much got what has already been said, plinth, desk, chairs, ice machine, sink, curtains separating the plinth and desk, shelf and cupboards are the essentials (exactly the same as ophqui). Nice to haves are things like ultrasound, ultrasound table, pillows, couch roll, gym ball, exercise bike, weights, therabands, filing cabinet and all the rest of the physio equipment without going into too much detail...but to be honest I completely kitted my room out myself, I think even if you provided the essentials that is very nice, id fully expect to provide everything myself except expenses for equipment I use on the club players like tape etc.

If you want more details feel free to send me a message if that was at all useful

Ross