Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    salthill01

New Zealand Registration in 8 weeks

Hi everyone,

I have just gained registration in New Zealand last week. The whole process from sending off my application to getting approval took 8 weeks. The new forms make it a lot easier for both the applying physiotherapist and the Registration official in New Zealand. The guidelines are very helpful as well. I am planning on going to New Zealand in June of this year. If anyone has any questions about the registration process or any queries please dont hesitate to ask and i will respond to you!! It is easier than people think if you dont get too bogged down and if you use the templates accordingly.

All the best
    Kevin

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    KARNATAKA, INDIA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: New Zealand Registration in 8 weeks

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Plz somebody guide this third year phy student from india about settling down in new zealand as a physio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi James,

I am just staring out on my registration, I would REALLY appreciate having a look at one or two of your templates to get an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing, the whole thing gives me a headache! But worth it ultimately I'm sure!

How did you get on? Were you successful?

Thanks,

Stacey

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by james_physio_365 View Post
    I decided to phone the NZ board lastnight and ask them what should be included. The answer they gave me was to pretty much just refer to the uni programme, modules, placements etc in the first section. Then refer to transcript, validation of work references and CV (essentially mandatory documents we need to include). Then in the third section is where the additional evidence should be. SO basically from that the majority of the evidence should be in the last section only. That doesnt seem to match up with what someone else has put into a previous thread on here but its what im going to go with otherwise im going to have lots more than 3-5 pieces of evidence for each competency.

I hope that makes sense and helps.

James
    Hi :-)
    In the middle of registration and confused with regards to the competency templates! What do you mean by transcript and mandatory documents in the 2nd section? Also what types of "additiona evidence" did you include?
    Many thanks,
    Polly

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by salthill01 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have just gained registration in New Zealand last week. The whole process from sending off my application to getting approval took 8 weeks. The new forms make it a lot easier for both the applying physiotherapist and the Registration official in New Zealand. The guidelines are very helpful as well. I am planning on going to New Zealand in June of this year. If anyone has any questions about the registration process or any queries please dont hesitate to ask and i will respond to you!! It is easier than people think if you dont get too bogged down and if you use the templates accordingly.

All the best
    Kevin
    Kevin, congrats Im very jealous!!
    Im so confused about the competency layout.....do we have to evidence each component of each competence e.g. 1.1, 1.2 etc and write reflective statements for each of these or is this too indepth and are we just required to provide evidence of meeting the competency as a whole e.g. competency 1. Analyse and discuss the biomedical, behavioural and social science bases of physiotherapy and integrate the bases into practice.
    Please help!
    Elaine

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by k80mac85 View Post
    A BIG THANK-YOU to kempo1981 for emailing me templates and eg's of reflections -has been a great help and shed a lot of light in a process which I found very frustrating and complicated!! -but not as much now with every1s help and advice -GREAT!

Have been tackling my NZ reg now for a while and only came accross this site the other day -has been a God send!!
    Hi - This has been a great thread and very helpful. I have been working on my application since January. I am now stuck re the competencies and wonder if I am doing them correctly. Would anyone be kind enough to share a few of their templates and examples of reflections etc.. It would be much appreciated. I.e. Template 15. Thanks much Jonesy

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    glasgow
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

[QUOTE=kempo1981;38898]Hi there...

hi there, i am continuing with the quest of doing my regristration and am halfway through my compentencies but am concerned if they are right or what they are looking for! i would be grateful, very very grateful if you could possible send a copy of some of your compentcies and examples of the supporting evidence to see if i am on the right track or complelty off it.

would be greatly appreciated

gillon

[email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Many thanks to Chris Kempson for emailing me the info and templates to help with my registration, its been a massive help! Hopefully will be on my way to getting my registration sorted before too long!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Teesside
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi to everyone who is working through the enormous task of compiling the New Zealand portfolio. My girlfriend and I are in the middle of putting the portfolio together but have hit a brick wall with regards to the competencies. I would really appreciate some help if anyone has templates that they have completed. I am getting very confused on what needs or can be include and any guidance would be a great help.

Many thanks in advance

Phil

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Netherlands
    Current Location
    Netherlands
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Many thanks to Chris Kempson for emailing me the info and templates to help with my registration! Hopefully will be on my way to getting my registration sorted before too long!

Anyone got some advise on the prove of intention to go to NZ they are asking though? Will a visitors visa be enough, or do I need to already have applied for a working visa?

Thanks for any advice!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Many thanks to Chris Kempson for emailing me the information and templates to help with my registration, its been a massive help!

Very kind to share this information.

THANK YOU

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    Liverpool
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi everyone

I am struggling through my application and would really appreciate any kind person emailing me a couple of examples of competency templates/reflections. I don't mean to steal anybody's work or take advantage of your hard work but just want to make sure I dont waste time doing things wrong - so to have confirmation from somebody who has completed the process successfully (or has learnt from somebody who has) would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Danny

ps. Isnt this a MASSIVE pain in the arse!!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    london
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

well i am just starting this long winded process which i have been putting off for a long time! can anyone tell me roughly how long it took them to complete the application. the form says that you have to have a letter of good standing from health professions council (if a uk physio) which must be issued within 3 months before the nz board receives your application. just wondering whether it is realistic that i can do the whole thing in 3 months?!
    anyone else going through it - you have my full sympathies. its 30degrees outside and i'm trying not to put it off any longer!
    bel

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    glasgow
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi guys, it has taken me about 3 months to get through it doing bits and bobs (working full time as well) and am now at the point ready to send it off, thankfully. hopefully it will be ok but only time will tell. if you havent had anyone send you any info could pass on a few ideas for the competencies - just get your email to me and i can send you an idea of things.

my advice is - although its long and winded you have to realise it will take a while to do. do it bit by bit and reguarly and before you know it you will be ready to apply. its not like an essay for uni you can throw together overnight.
    i put it off time and time for years and now i have completed it i wonder why it took me so long. head down and dont be put off.

cheers
    gillon

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    Liverpool
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by gillon View Post
    hi guys, it has taken me about 3 months to get through it doing bits and bobs (working full time as well) and am now at the point ready to send it off, thankfully. hopefully it will be ok but only time will tell. if you havent had anyone send you any info could pass on a few ideas for the competencies - just get your email to me and i can send you an idea of things.

my advice is - although its long and winded you have to realise it will take a while to do. do it bit by bit and reguarly and before you know it you will be ready to apply. its not like an essay for uni you can throw together overnight.
    i put it off time and time for years and now i have completed it i wonder why it took me so long. head down and dont be put off.

cheers
    gillon
    Hi Gillon

My email is [email protected]. If you could send me anything it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    New Brunswick
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi all, I am presently getting my application together, I am just wondering from the people who have previously posted on this thread, once your application has been completed and sent in, have any of you been denied? And any word on how the current job market is like?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Everyone,

Like most of you on this post Im about to start the application process for NZ, given thats were my husbands from. Im currently CSP &HPC registered.

Could anyone please send me a copy of cokmpleted competency form please, to ensure Im on the right path, it seems that I'm going around in circles using the same examples etc for each one.

thanks in advance for helping

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Hi Everyone,

Like most of you on this post Im about to start the application process for NZ, given thats were my husbands from. Im currently CSP &HPC registered.

Could anyone please send me a copy of completed competency form please, to ensure Im on the right path, it seems that I'm going around in circles using the same examples etc for each one.

thanks in advance for helping

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello,

I seem to be in the same boat as everyone else (except for the lucky people that have figured all this out!). I really need some guidance. I have all my CPD paperwork/certificates etc but just don't know where to start. ANY help is greatly appreciated. Am based in London and happy to meet up with someone who knows what they are doing so I can get some guidance please

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Chester, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Gillion,

Like you I have put my application off for far too long and now have given myself a deadline to get it completed. I would be very grateful if you could email me any information/template documents that will help me get going. My email address is [email protected]

Have you heard back about your registration yet?

Kind thanks,
    Natalie

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    somewhere in the world
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hey kevin..do we need to just submit our certificates and a copy of curriculum...or do we need to provide evidence for each of the competencies individually??...and you did the processing by yourself or is there any agency which can help..
    please reply..
    sandesh

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    East Midlands
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Smile Re: New Zealand Registration in 8 weeks

HI all,
    I am trying to make a start on the mammoth task of re new Zealand application! I am completely stuck with where to start ad how to set out the competencies! I was wondering if anyone who has completed the new version of the portfolio has any advice? And also if anyone could email me an example of how they set out their templates that would be of massive help!! My email is [email protected]
    It's a huge task but I'm hoping bit by bit it will come together!

How are everyone Else applications going??

Cheers
    Alex

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Adelaide
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi guys,

I was granted NZ registration about a month ago. I figured it out on my own and encountered a few pitfalls along the way so thought I would let people know how I went about it to make things a little easier.

In total it took me about 4 months from initially sending it to getting my annual practicing certificate (but it can be a lot quicker or slower than this).

These are my tips;
    -Registration with NZ is a legal process. The whole document you send is treated as a legal document so just one signature out of place or one box that you forgot to tick will result in a delay. They will send it back to you or request you send a new copy. One of my referees (for whatever reason) didn't sign their reference form and that resulted in a lengthy delay because they contacted me then needed to get in touch with the referee and send them a new form to fill out and then request they get it back to NZ. So check and double check that all the right boxes are ticked and everything that needs signing is signed.

-Get your police checks and certificate of status from the HPC sorted (but remember these need to be dated within 3 months of your application submission)

-Get all the bits you need from your university asap. You need to get a certified copy of your degree cert, diploma transcript and a full copy of the exact academic syllabus you studied. The academic syllabus is a pretty big document in it's own right, you need to make sure the start of every module is stamped and signed by the uni. Make sure you have a letter to accompany the syllabus that confirms it is the exact syllabus that you studied. Along with a letter that confirms you have completed over 1000 supervised hours and what placements you completed as a student. Having the syllabus makes filling in the competency templates much easier.

-Next complete the CV. This must be done on the NZ CV template. Once again if this is complete it makes filling out the templates much easier.

-Next step is the templates, reflections and gathering evidence i.e. the long haul. You do not need to address every little bit of each competency, your evidence just needs to show that you are competent of working at the same level as newly graduated physio from NZ. And you will find that you can use bits of evidence for more than just one template. I worked through this in three phases. First of all academic evidence-all you need to do is reference back to each appropriate module from uni and relevant placements you completed. Next the post grad part, reference back to relevant parts of your CV and relevant validation of work history forms.
    Then the supporting evidence. This needs to be a mixture of course certificates, appraisals/supervision records and reflections (any reflections you submit must be transferred onto the NZ reflection template), you can use in service training slideshow printouts or any educational material or audits you have completed but make sure you have them signed by a senior physio. You can even use your dissertation if you want but if you do it needs signing by the university and every page needs stamping.
    Do not use case studies or anything that contains specific patient information without signed consent from the patient and a senior physio that permits you to use the case study for the purpose of the application.

And that's it, get the stat dec signed and witnessed along with certified copies of your documents and it's good to send. The NZ board will write to you at every stage and if they need anything else they will let you know.

Good luck

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quinny110 For This Useful Post:

New Zealand Registration in 8 weeks

clairelouise (14-03-2012),Geert van Mourik (19-06-2013),one-eyed-joe (21-01-2014)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi Gillon,

I am Reema Prajapati and I also want to have NZ registration. Could you please help me regarding how to fill competencies?

Any effort will be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to your reply. My email ID is [email protected]

Thanks & Regards,
    Reema

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Leeds
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi guys,

I'm just going through all the application and have pretty much everything except the letters of good standing. I have requested one through the HPC however, I am a little confused with the police one. I came across a website (http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx) where there is an application form, however on (Metropolitan Police Service - Your right to information FAQs) it says if you haven't lived in London you need to contact your local authority?!

Has anyone applied for the police letter of good standing and if so how they went about doing it?

Also do you need one from the CSP too or will the HPC suffice?

Thanks

Soph

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Adelaide
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Soph,

I can't remember exactly how I went about applying for the police certificate but I know it was just a form that I had to fill in online then print out a hard copy and send it to the police with a cheque for the amount they require. As for the letter of good standing I just emailed the HPC and they sent one to me, I'm sure if you ring up they will do the same. You don't need anything from the CSP.

Good luck with it

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Leeds
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hey quinny110,

Thanks for replying. Yeah it sounds like the acro one which is online and then you print and sign it. I got an email today from them saying to check with the NZ physio board that it is a valid form of certificate (ie, they'll accept it). It sounds like it worked for you and that this is what they need so I'll go that route.

Thanks again

Soph

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast