Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Cardiff
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

How easy to work in new Zealand as new graduate?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello
    Can anyone offer any advice or information about how difficult it is to register as a physiotherapist and gain employment in New Zealand as a new graduate in the UK? I know that you have to have at least 1 years experience working in the UK. But are there specific requirements for this in terms of areas of work etc? How much is involved in the application process? I am a 3rd year student at the moment and my main aim is to work abroad but I am very concerned that it is a long difficult process to get to that point, competing with thousands of other applicants?I hope to hear from you soon
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: How easy to work in new Zealand as new graduate?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi,
    check their website:Overseas Qualified | Physiotherapy Board New Zealand
    The whole process is on there, including forms and guideline documents.
    You basically just need to provide evidence that you fulfil all the 10 competencies. At our last brach meeting here I spoke with an English Physio who just got registration. She said that she did rotations for 18 months and covered all areas. Registration , from sending her application in (it all has to be snail mailed, so takes some time), them asking for a few changes, sending the additional documents in, the actual assessment with a positive outcome, took about 6 months.
    It's not a competition by the way. You just apply and qualify or not.

We get statistics from the Board every year in regards to registered Physios. I cannot find the last one, but there aren't thousands of foreign Physios registered every year. You seem to forget how small the country is.

There are positions for new grad Physios - but it is not as rosy as, let's say, 10 years ago.

Cheers,
    Fyzzio