Country
    Flag of Germany
    Current Location
    Germany
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Cool NZ Registration Advice (pretty please...)

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello,

I am a Physiotherapist from Germany. I finished my three-year course here in 2012, and have worked for two years so far since then. I am planning on/hoping to work in New Zealand/Australia permanently. I know that the German degree is not enough to get registered with the NZ Physic Board, but I would also have the opportunity to study two more years in the UK to gain a Bachelors degree in Physiotherapy.

Do you think this is the best way to go about it or should I go straight for the registration without the Bachelor's degree and hope to get offered a one year study course in New Zealand?

I hope someone who has had some experience with the registration process could maybe give me some advice.

Thank you!
    Annika

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Jamaica
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: NZ Registration Advice (pretty please...)

Hey Annika!

Why do you think your German degree is not enough. There are several pre-requisites that one should have before applying and having a Physio degree from a 3 year course of study with at least one year post registration working experience is sufficient.

You should go to their website and download their guidance form for the application process for overseas applicants (Here: Applying for Registration | Physiotherapy Board New Zealand). It truly helped me a lot and they answer most of all the questions you have.

Pat.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Germany
    Current Location
    Germany
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: NZ Registration Advice (pretty please...)

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi pat.
    Thanls for your response!
    I just assumed that because I was reading that in several forums that the german degree isn't accepted. But I will have a look into the guidlines. I might find answers there
    AnnikaK