Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Guest.
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Cool New Zealand Physiotherapy Registration 2020 (Irish Qualified Physio.)

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello all,

I am an Irish qualified Physiotherapist. And apologies to bring up a thread that I see has been visited & re-visited a few times over the years.

But I was hoping to get some up-to-date information & tips to complete the registration documentation if at all possible from anyone who can help me.

I honestly don't know where to start with it all so any advice on how to best get started would be appreciated!

Can you still apply for an exemption for part of the process if over 10 years qualified.

I am hoping to move to New Zealand this year once I get registered.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    United Kingdom
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: New Zealand Physiotherapy Registration 2020 (Irish Qualified Physio.)

Hi, I'm a physio from Pakistan and I'm in the final process of compiling my application to send it to the New Zealand physio Board. There's a page on Facebook called "Getting Registered as a Physio in New Zealand", which you'd find very helpful. The person who manages that page, Lisa Rushton, has also written a short book called "Getting Registered as a Physio in New Zealand (A Guide For UK Trained Physios)". I'm not sure if I can post any links here, but you'll find the link to buy it on that Facebook page. I personally found it very helpful, even though it's aimed at UK trained physios.
    From my own experience in filling out the application, it's best to have all your necessary documents e.g., your degree, transcript, etc. at hand first, so you can solely focus on the application forms instead of running after these documents. When completing the forms, I found it very helpful to take out the prints of the forms and fill them in by hand first to get a rough idea of how to proceed. This is particularly useful when completing the Threshold Templates.
    The process is quite tedious so you can break it in parts and try doing a specific part of the application first, e.g. completing the CV template first before proceeding to the other forms, since you'd already have all the information you need to put in your CV. I also found it helpful to complete the Threshold Template last, since you need to put in information from your curriculum, CV and any courses, workshops, etc. that you've attended.
    You can download the latest application forms pack from the New Zealand physio Board's website. Do read the Guidance Notes and Information Sheets given in the application pack as they have some valuable tips as well as mention the things to avoid.

As far as I am aware, you can only apply for exemption from providing a complete academic curriculum, and that too if you've qualified more than 15 years prior to submitting your application. For your specific inquiry, you can contact the New Zealand physio Board; they're really very helpful and kind, and will get back to you promptly.

Hope this helps. Do let me know if there are any more questions I can help with.

Best of luck for your application!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to asimjaved For This Useful Post:

New Zealand Physiotherapy Registration 2020 (Irish Qualified Physio.)

*Sile* (23-05-2020)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Guest.
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

To asimjaved,
    Many thanks for taking the time to send a very detailed reply to my post - some great pointers in there to hopefully guide me in the right direction. I am determined to get through the registration process this time hopefully now after a few failed starts in the past. So any help is honestly very much appreciated. I am a bit of an oldie & actually over 15 years qualified now so I will check that out with the board thanks. And yes I just purchased that e-book 'Getting Registered as a Physio in New Zealand (A Guide For UK Trained Physios)' and yes it looks like a great help also - exactly what I was looking for!
    Good look with the final stages of your registration & hope it all goes well for you. A bit jealous that you are at the other end of the process now but good to know theres light @ the end of the tunnel.
    Thanks again & best wishes,
    Sheila

5. The Following User Says Thank You to *Sile* For This Useful Post:

New Zealand Physiotherapy Registration 2020 (Irish Qualified Physio.)

asimjaved (23-05-2020)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    United Kingdom
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thank you. The process does seem quite daunting when starting, so I get what you mean about not getting it up and running till now. But once you do start, it won't seem that bad, just gotta keep consistent. Hope you get through it soon!

Best of luck to you!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Guest.
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thanks again asimjaved.
    Best wishes,
    Sheila.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Newzealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by asimjaved View Post
    Hi, I'm a physio from Pakistan and I'm in the final process of compiling my application to send it to the New Zealand physio Board. There's a page on Facebook called "Getting Registered as a Physio in New Zealand", which you'd find very helpful. The person who manages that page, Lisa Rushton, has also written a short book called "Getting Registered as a Physio in New Zealand (A Guide For UK Trained Physios)". I'm not sure if I can post any links here, but you'll find the link to buy it on that Facebook page. I personally found it very helpful, even though it's aimed at UK trained physios.
    From my own experience in filling out the application, it's best to have all your necessary documents e.g., your degree, transcript, etc. at hand first, so you can solely focus on the application forms instead of running after these documents. When completing the forms, I found it very helpful to take out the prints of the forms and fill them in by hand first to get a rough idea of how to proceed. This is particularly useful when completing the Threshold Templates.
    The process is quite tedious so you can break it in parts and try doing a specific part of the application first, e.g. completing the CV template first before proceeding to the other forms, since you'd already have all the information you need to put in your CV. I also found it helpful to complete the Threshold Template last, since you need to put in information from your curriculum, CV and any courses, workshops, etc. that you've attended.
    You can download the latest application forms pack from the New Zealand physio Board's website. Do read the Guidance Notes and Information Sheets given in the application pack as they have some valuable tips as well as mention the things to avoid.

As far as I am aware, you can only apply for exemption from providing a complete academic curriculum, and that too if you've qualified more than 15 years prior to submitting your application. For your specific inquiry, you can contact the New Zealand physio Board; they're really very helpful and kind, and will get back to you promptly.

Hope this helps. Do let me know if there are any more questions I can help with.

Best of luck for your application!

Hi

Please helping me in proceeding further.
    Iam struggling with competencies.
    Your help could be a great help.
    My email is [email protected]
    Thanks

Raji

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Wellington
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello,

My name is Sunaina and I am living in Wellington. I am looking for registration of Physiotherapy in New Zealand. I have done Masters of Physiotherapy from India. I really do not understand, what should I do?
    From where I can start?

I saw your old message on Physio forum. If you can help me, it would be really helpful for me.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi,

I know you wrote this post a little while ago but I saw no one had responded to it - I have an e.book and website dedicated to 'getting registered as a physio in New Zealand' - you can check it out here: https://forum.physiobase.com/working...n-new-zealand/

I also run a FB page where people ask questions and we share info about the process: https://www.facebook.com/gettingregisteredasaphysioinNZ

My e.book about the process can be purchased here: Getting Registered As A Physio In New Zealand UPDATED 2022(A Guide for UK Trained Physio’s) | Overseas Physio

The process has changed a bit over the past few years and as of 1st Jan 2022 the entire registration process has gone online ( so no sending away your application now).
    I'm running a webinar about the whole New Zealand physio registration process next weekend also -info here: Webinar – All the updates on New Zealand Physio registration | Overseas Physio

Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions on the process: [email protected]