Country
    Flag of Singapore
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Got any tips for New Zealand physiotherapy registration?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello there!

I'm a physiotherapist based in Singapore. Currently looking to apply for registration in NZ.

Personally, I'd appreciate any info on
    1) how much supporting documents/evidence is needed (since the board has mentioned to only pick "robust" ones and that an entire career's worth is too much for them to go through)
    2) what other certifications to include in the application apart from the entry & post grad level qualification (for e.g. GCSE/A levels cert, CPD certs of attendance?)
    3) is there any timeline/dateline for the notarised/true certified certs with regards to the application? I'm afraid to get a transcript package that is dated too early from my application date...
    4) any good resources for the Treaty of Waitangi report?

Thank you in advance!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Got any tips for New Zealand physiotherapy registration?

Hi,

I know you wrote this post a little while ago but I saw no one had responded to it - I have an e.book and website dedicated to 'getting registered as a physio in New Zealand' - you can check it out here: https://forum.physiobase.com/working...n-new-zealand/

I also run a FB page where people ask questions and we share info about the process: https://www.facebook.com/gettingregisteredasaphysioinNZ

My e.book about the process can be purchased here: Getting Registered As A Physio In New Zealand UPDATED 2022(A Guide for UK Trained Physio’s) | Overseas Physio

The process has changed a bit over the past few years and as of 1st Jan 2022 the entire registration process has gone online ( so no sending away your application now).
    I'm running a webinar about the whole New Zealand physio registration process next weekend also -info here: Webinar – All the updates on New Zealand Physio registration | Overseas Physio

Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions on the process: [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Hong Kong
    Current Location
    Wellington
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Got any tips for New Zealand physiotherapy registration?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    This is Alex and I am applying for NZ license.

I encountered this problem. please see if I can tackle the followings things?
    Unfortunately, the documentation you supplied fails to provide sufficient information to demonstrate that you have met the Physiotherapy practice thresholds:

Foundational Abilities

Roles:

1. Physiotherapy practitioner
    2. Reflective practitioner and self-directed learner
    3. Manager /Leader

Essential components
    Treaty of Waitangi Report

Thanks all.