Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

FCCPT type 1 or credential evaluation and timeline

Hi everyone,

Am an Australian PT moving to the US in a few months (Colorado). I plan on working on an E3 visa (not a H1-B visa) once I have everything sorted. I applied for the credential review with the FCCPT but after reading many of the posts I think that may have been a mistake and was supposed to do the type 1. Do I need a health care worker certificate on an E3 visa in Colorado? If so I am guessing I need to re-apply Also, does anyone know how long the credentialing process takes? The FCCPT website says up to 30 weeks and I'm wondering if this is accurate IRL. Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    USA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: FCCPT type 1 or credential evaluation and timeline

Hi,
    i am an Aussie trained PT (Sydney) with Masters from the Uk. Previously worked in Colorado, and recently returned to the US. just gone through ECR with FCCPT. I suggest you contact the Colorado board directly and check which they want, as I have just moved to South Carolina and the board told me different things to FCCPT, and they will be the ones who decide. If you change you application, you will need to start the time again. My ECR (on a simple old CWT2) took 31 weeks, (got report yesterday) after being pushed back 6 weeks initially as the "forgot" a transcript. I was told 1 needed 1 Gen. ed course in physical science, which is really frustrating as many years ago, I was initially turned down on the same version for no humanities/ english or biology. I took classes for both these and this time they allocated stuff differently. Do you just have your physio degree or other stuff to also include. When did you graduate, as the assessment for quite a few states is based on your year of graduation. I don't think Colorado is one of the states that needs Type 1, but again suggest you check directly with the board.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,

I am an Australian PT going through the long wait for FCCPT to get back to me (am on week 27 and no reply as of yet) and planning on going over on an E3 as well. I did the Type 1 review due requiring the health worker certificate. You may not need it for Colorado (?).

Have found the following Facebook page with some current updates on waiting times and other useful information.
    The group is called "FCCPT Rule Changes and Updates"
    FCCPT Rule Changes and Updates Public Group | Facebook

Hope it helps.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thanks for the thread. I'm in pretty much the same boat - also thinking of working in Colorado - so am following with interest. Aussie PT thinking of moving with my husband - so on an E3-D visa. I don't want to work full time, so really thinking it might be more trouble than it's worth but not enjoying the prospect of having to come back to Australia for 1 month full-time work each year to maintain my Australian credentials either... What a stupidly difficult process.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    United states of America
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    hi all,

I am on an h4 visa. I want to start the evaluation process, but I don't know whether I have to start with an h1b evaluation or educational credit evaluation. How type 1 evaluation will affect an h4 visa status?