Belgium
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Belgian couple, both physiotherapy students, looking to work in Canada

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi!

My girlfriend and I both study physiotherapy at the university 'KU Leuven' in Belgium. She is currently in her last year, while I have still one more year to go.
    My family is moving to Canada at the moment, and I have my Permanent Residence card. My girlfriend however has not yet applied for Canadian citizenship.
    We were hoping to go to Canada together in June or July of 2016, as I will graduate in June. My girlfriend will be working as a physiotherapist next year.
    I know we have to contact the Alliance for the credentialling process once we graduate, and I know that after this we have to take the PCE examination.

Now that you know our background, I have a few questions:
    - Do you think/know whether our Belgian university level Masters' degrees will be accepted in the credentialling process?
    - Are there any people out there, from Belgium, the Netherlands or another country in Europe with a similar level of education that went through the credentialling process and/or the PCE?
    - When we go to Canada next June, I can stay there as long as I want because of my permanent residence card. My girlfriend has no PR card, how can we make sure she will be able to stay in Canada? Do we need to get a visum of some sort? She will eventually apply for citizenship in Canada, either through the skilled worker program or, when we have married, as my wife. Or is there a better path to take?
    - If any of you have good advice or information, please tell me! There's really a lot of research to do, and any information is very much appreciated!

I know I am asking a lot and thank you very much for even reading this post!

Victor