Current Location
    croydon
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

HELP physio interview

Taping
    On Wednesday I have an interview at Brighton University for a place on their physiotherapy course. I had a mock interview with my careers adviser and she has recommended that I find a journal or article to ask a question on at the end. can anyone point me in the right direction to find one as I am really struggling at the moment, thanks!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    NZ
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: HELP physio interview

Hi Hannah

Have you spoken to anyone about undertaking physio in the UK at the moment. Things may have changed or may be different in 4 years time, but as far as I'm aware at present you'd find it very difficult to get a job at the end of your training.
    If anyone has any updated knowldege on this then please correct me.
    So if you really want to be a physio then thats fantastic - but just research your career path a bit further. We are always short staffed here in NZ and we'd take you as a new grad if you couldn't find a job when you grad - and if you were willing to travel half way round the world.

Now journal articles... I have heaps, and there are many many articles out there for free online. What you need to know is what to look for. So do you have an interest specifically in physio? what thrills you about it? Do you enjoy muscular work, or are you intested in respiratory or neurological physio. Do you enjoy paediatrics or mental health?
    Do you have any experience in volunteering in any of these areas or something similar.

So give me an idea of an interest of yours? are you sporting? and we'll see if we can find you an article and a killer question to make your interview complete.

To be fair A journal article may not be the best idea - because nobody expects you to be reading the British journal of sports medicine... You may be better off with just an article about an interesting aspect of physio in a readers digest magazine or something.

Anyway give us an idea of what your interests are and I'll help you

Pudding

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    croydon
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi, thanks for the advise but i had the interview yesterday! i only found this website a few days ago so posted it as a last atempt! i found a magazine called frontline about physios tho so i had a few questions from in there. also the hiring in england is looking better, and its to late to change my mind now anyway!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    NZ
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Oh well. Best of luck! let us know if you get it.