Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Melbourne
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Wink WANTED: Looking for Physiotherapists who have overseas registration (UK, USA, CANADA, New Zealand) for Final year Project

Taping
    Hi Guys,

I'm a 4th year Physiotherapy Student from Melbourne, Australia. As part of my final semester, I am doing a project that involves the construction of a website with resources/information for Australian physios wanting to gain overseas registration (mainly the UK, USA, NEW ZEALAND and CANADA)
    The website will include information ranging from registration processes and requirements (courses/exams etc), job prospects, commonly seen conditions etc.
    As part of the website, I am trying to gather the perspectives of physiotherapists whom have gained overseas registration in any of the above countries and their experiences of gaining registration etc.

If any of you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Please reply in this post of feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Zach

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: WANTED: Looking for Physiotherapists who have overseas registration (UK, USA, CANADA, New Zealand) for Final year Project

Hi,
    are you looking for Australian Physios who have gained overseas registration or generally anyone who has ever gained registration overseas?
    Just asking - because it is very easy for Australian Physios to get registration in NZ, however, rather difficult for others as the process is completely different.
    Cheers,
    Fyzzio

ZachTz Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Melbourne
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: WANTED: Looking for Physiotherapists who have overseas registration (UK, USA, CANADA, New Zealand) for Final year Project

Hi Fyzzio,

Opinions from Australian-trained Physios may be more relevant (as they will be specific to Australian physio education standards) but Pretty much anyone who has gained overseas in the above mentioned countries (UK, USA, CANADA and New Zealand) wil be of help as part of my project involves gaining insight and opinions from qualified physios who have worked abroad in these countries, specifically about the registration process and specifics of employment.

Yes, I'm aware of the ease of gaining registration in New Zealand for Australians and vice versa (so this becomes the simplest area for me to cover on the website) so I'm probably more focused on experiences from those who have worked in the other countries but all replies will be of greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    ZachTz

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    belfast
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Good Afternoon,

we are HCPC registered Physiotherapists.
    Monroe Medical Ltd also offers adaptation training required by HCPC.
    We are happy to help.
    Please drop us an email - [email protected]

Regards,

Monroe Medical Ltd
    monroemedical.co.uk