Current Location
    Greece
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Recovery from 5th Metatarsal fracture

Taping
    Hi I am new to the group but have been reading posts and have found them very helpful. I am 57 years old and fairly fit and in week 8 after a metatarsal open fracture (the bone was almost snapped). I live in Greece so I don't know what the doctors called the break. I am now beginning to walk on the foot; first week or so with a shoe/boot of mine that supported my foot and for the last few days with the foot in a slipper so I could have more movement and try to improve stiffness. One thing I notice is that when trying to walk downstairs, I have a clicking in the ankle which is not so painful as alarming. Did anybody experience this? I sometimes get this clicking when I do the ankle rotating exercises. Is this normal? Look forward to any feedback. Many thanks