General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Shoulder - Posterior - Right

Shoulder - Anterior - Right

Cheapest possible treatment for Rotator Cuff

Taping
    Hi guys, I play Cricket professionally and hurt my shoulder. I believe that it is the rotator cuff as I am able to bowl/Pitch but just feel the pain when I have to throw the ball from the distance like in Baseball.

I have to show to a Physio I believe and get the treatment done soon before my new season starts. I am just looking to find out the best insurance for me which has good benefits to see a physio for such kind of injuries. I assume that I will have to do a lot of visits to get this fixed which could cost me lot of money. So really would appreciate any help in the form of information which you can share.

Thank You

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Other Allied Health Care Worker
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Cheapest possible treatment for Rotator Cuff

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. The shoulder joint has the greatest range of motion out of all other joints in our body, which is why it is the joint most prone to injury. When playing sports or activities that heavily involve the use of your arms and shoulders, it puts a lot of strain on the shallow joint. The best thing to be doing is putting a cold compress on it to reduce the inflammation and swelling. This will also help relieve related pain. Also, try to immobilize it as much as possible. Because of the range of motion of the shoulder, it is very easy to re-injure it and make it worse. Have you had an MRI to confirm whether or not any of the rotator cuff tendons are torn?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    maryland
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by cricketics View Post
    Hi guys, I play Cricket professionally and hurt my shoulder. I believe that it is the rotator cuff as I am able to bowl/Pitch but just feel the pain when I have to throw the ball from the distance like in Baseball.

I have to show to a Physio I believe and get the treatment done soon before my new season starts. I am just looking to find out the best insurance for me which has good benefits to see a physio for such kind of injuries. I assume that I will have to do a lot of visits to get this fixed which could cost me lot of money. So really would appreciate any help in the form of information which you can share.

Thank You
    Thanks a lot for your reply and the informative lesson about the shoulder injury.

No, I have not had any MRI done and I do plan to go to a physician soon. Hence, I was looking to find out about the cheapest possible way to get MRI done and if treatment is required like Physiotherapy sessions, what would be the best way to go about it.

I do not qualify for any medicare etc benefits and I am also a student who basically spends most of his earnings in school classes.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Other Allied Health Care Worker
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Physio is and isn't always a good idea. It is very easy to over strain the shoulder so you have to listen to your body and not over do it. Sometimes physiotherapists just don't know your limits, so be very clear about them to make sure more damage isn't caused. If physio is too expensive, you might want to look into the bfst shoulder wrap. It promotes blood flow to the area, which is what helps the healing process. Physio does this by making you move it around. The wrap lets you get the increased circulation but while being completely at rest...so there is no risk of further injury. It's cheaper because you can do it at home, and as much as you want. Here is more info if interested. King Brand Shoulder Treatment

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Cricketics,
    maybe it's best if you post this in the "Patient corner", as this section here is more for Physios discussing Physio
    You are mainly interested in costs of assessment and treatment, so might get more responses in a section where other patients also read and report.

Sorry, I cannot give any advice as our health system is very different to yours.
    Some shoulder injuries require immobility, others don't at all.
    But if you play cricket professionally, don't you have a Doctor of Physio attached to your team? Would that not be covered by your Club membership?

Regards,
    Fyzzio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    maryland
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Fsyzzio, sorry for posting in the wrong section of the forum.

Als, thanks for that tip. I will definitely look into this.

Appreciate all the response.

Thanks