Sydney
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Neurophysics & Neurotricionists

Taping
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get your professional opinions on a form of therapy that seems to be gaining popularity here in Australia.

It's called Neurophysics Therapy, and the practitioners are known as "Neurotricionists". They have started opening clinics around Australia.

It seems to be based on some sort of involuntary tremor exercises and they claim it can help everything from SCI to scoliosis to ALS.

They claim it's science-based and have some research published. As far as I can see, the founder has no qualifications and the "Neurotricionist" course is a short online course that costs about 10 grand.

Their treatment programs appear very expensive - I saw a fundraiser for someone wanting therapy which listed $34k for five weeks of treatment, and other people online have quoted $1000/hr rates.

Their website: Welcome | Aurum

Facebook page with videos and testimonials: https://www.facebook.com/NeuroPhysicsFP/?fref=ts

And a bunch of videos showing treatment here: https://vimeo.com/user20254671/videos

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Austin, Texas
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Neurophysics & Neurotricionists

I am a physio. I have studied the nervous system. Their claims are rubbish. I have a family member who was injured badly there. Yes, they are seriously charging too much for everything. Exercise is great therapy for all ills - they help people exercise, but at what cost? How you can claim to rejoin a severed spinal cord and aid other serious neurological conditions with the vibration therapy. If there is 'research', it is probably of poor quality - getting something published means nothing. Plenty of papers published that are bull-dust - that is their category. My opinion. Stay away.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Sydney
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Neurophysics & Neurotricionists

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Thanks Bijingo. Yes, my opinion is that any benefit gained is from the exercise component and the tremors are a (very expensive) gimmick. Sorry to hear that your family member was injured there - it's worrying that they work with people with spinal cord injuries yet have no formal qualifications in this type of care.

And yes, the research is published in dodgy journals and seems to be of poor quality.