Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

other jobs in OZ with a physio degree

Taping
    Hi

I'm currently living in Australia, I have a degree in Physio from the UK. I haven't done the exams to practice and I intend not to as its too expensive and I have a young family to support (But I do miss being a physio a lot ). Apart from medical sales, which I am currently doing and I dislike it, can anyone suggest any ideas on job opportunities that I could do with my degree?

Cheers

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: other jobs in OZ with a physio degree

Could try case worker for health insurances, health educator in schools, health prevention/ promotion jobs.
    Good luck.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: other jobs in OZ with a physio degree

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Hey - hope you are well.

In short - as long as you can show AHPRA (aussie reg board) that you are enrolled within the APC process - then you will be able to gain limited registration and work as a physio - you wouldn't have to do the exams - if you really didn't want to.

the option here is to get your degree assessed by the APC - around $1000 - if they say you are eligible (which they will - its a waste of $1000 i agree), but you will have already started the process. You would then just need to find a job where another physio is willing to be your 'supervisor' - there are tons around. Then supply your supervisor details and APC acceptance form to AHPRA (around $300) - and you will be registered to practice in Australia with limited registration.

Youl get a 2 year period in which to work through the exams - earning way more $ than a medical secretary or sales - etc...

just letting you know that this is an option...........don't let the APC bully you into not working here - its very doable.