Montreal
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Unhappy Finding a job, for a new grad

Taping
    Hello, All,

I am a newly graduated physiotherapist from Montreal. I have done many research, and applied to so many different clinics right after my graduation.

Initially, I felt like finding a job would be easy, I am not too picky about the wage and am open to evening and weekend shifts. I saw plenty of ads out there, so I should at least be able to get one of those.

As time goes by, I realize that these old posts have been there forever, few people replied to my applications and new ones doesn't appear either.

Am I looking at the wrong places? What are the job engines you are using?

I would really like to hear some advice on this.

V.

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Finding a job, for a new grad

Hi V,

The forum has been going since the 2000's so you should check on the listing date of any post. That said the jobs section of the forum is regularly cleaned for older posts too. The information in the Latest Physiotherapy Jobs section comes from the Latest Jobs on our main jobs pages here: www.physiobob.com so it's best to always look there first where we only show listings from the past 60 days.

regards

PB

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

3. The Following User Says Thank You to physiobob For This Useful Post:

Finding a job, for a new grad

Bijingo (24-01-2017)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Austin, Texas
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi V - I'm an older physio. Don't know what kind of job you are looking for. Have you been for any interviews yet? Have you had any jobs in the past? Did your physio school give you tips on finding a job after graduation? I graduated nearly 30 years ago. We were lucky - 80% of us were 'given' jobs after graduation in the public hospital sector - this was great experience - in many different clinical areas (inpatients, outpatients, rehab, community etc). Some people went straight into private clinic jobs too. I don't know about the job market where you are. Have any of your peers found jobs since graduation - can you get tips from them? While you are looking for a job, make sure you are also looking for Continuing Education courses out there in your fields of interest - and build up your skills on your CV. All the best!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Dear V,

If you are a new graduate from a Montreal school of Physiotherapy, was your training in English or French?
    I find that in Canada, indeed.com is a widely used search engine that keeps a good track of listed Physiotherapy jobs.
    As you know, a liscense in Quebec is granted completely differently from outside of Quebec. So if you are looking outside
    Quebec, this might by why you are not getting responses.
    Did you write the PCE?
    Crystal
    Alberta Society for Qualified International Physiotherapists

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Hi
    I am a physiotherapist from India having 2 yrs of experience. I am planning to move to dubai and start working there. Can anyone pllease tell about dha and moh exam?is it a written exam or oral as well? I had 3 yrs of gap in my practise due to family reasons Can i still apply for dha?if not then what else can I do to work there? Please help..
    Thanks