Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Mumbai
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Post Awareness among Physiotherapy Students and Physiotherapists of the use of Virtual Reality (VR) as a Rehabilitation Tool

Taping
    Hello,

I’m doing my research project on “Awareness among Physiotherapy Students and Physiotherapists of the use of Virtual Reality (VR) as a Rehabilitation Tool

I humbly request you to please fill out my short survey form on Google Forms (linked below).
    I also request you if it is possible, to please pass this message on to your colleagues who are Physiotherapists (PT), Masters of Physiotherapy Students(MPT) or Interns as it will help my data collection immensely.

Q8 and Q8(a) may not apply to you if you are not a resident of India you may skip it.
    If you wish to remain anonymous you may write anonymous in the name field.

Link: Awareness among Physiotherapy Students and Physiotherapists of the use of Virtual Reality (VR) as a Rehabilitation Tool.

Thanking You.

Yours Sincerely,
    Farzeen Ajani
    (4th BPT Student)

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Awareness among Physiotherapy Students and Physiotherapists of the use of Virtual Reality (VR) as a Rehabilitation Tool

Hi,
    great effort.
    I have got a few questions:
    Could you please explain why the questionnaire is not anonymous?
    What is CME?
    The options for designation are rather limited. Do you not wish to include Physios that work e.g. in hospitals?
    What is 'Medicine'? Does it include rehabilitation/ therapy/ exercise classes?
    There are some questions about Physio in India - does this mean, the questionnaire is intended for Indian Physiotherapists only?

Thanks,
    Fyzzio

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyzzio For This Useful Post:

Awareness among Physiotherapy Students and Physiotherapists of the use of Virtual Reality (VR) as a Rehabilitation Tool

farzeen (24-03-2018)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Mumbai
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Awareness among Physiotherapy Students and Physiotherapists of the use of Virtual Reality (VR) as a Rehabilitation Tool

hello,
    thank you
    i am asking for the name as it helps to tabulate my data for organisation purposes but your name shall be kept confidential when i do present my project to my teachers.
    if you wish to still remain anonymous you can write anonymous in the name field.

Continuing medical education (CME) consists of educational activities which serve to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession.
    basically something like workshops.

i have added an option for 'other' to the designation options (thank you for making me aware of that point) all Physiotherapists, Physiotherapy Students, Interns from around the world are welcome to fill the form.

in previous replies to the form, Physios who work in hospitals have answered with their hospital name in where they work and selected the option of private practice.

medicine is in general, like medical purposes or for teaching concepts in medicine, virtual surgery practice this question then leads up to the one regarding ones awareness of it being used in Physiotherapy Rehab/Therapy/Exercises

as i am from India i have put in that question if you wish to leave it blank you may or you could add in where you have seen VR being used in rehabilitation in your country/elsewhere.

Thank you for bringing forth your doubts, it helps me learn alot and apply it to improve my questionnaire.
    If you need anymore questions answered feel free to reach out at anytime.

i hope i have addressed all you doubts

thank you,
    farzeen

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Farzeen,
    thanks.

I think it's quite easy to get 'lost in translation". Medicine - I would have suggested 'Health sector'.
    CME often refers, as you said, to physician education. Physiotherapists are not Physicians. In our country, we usually just call it 'PD', professional development. Might be different in India; so it would be helpful to spell it out before using an abbreviation.

Another two little comments if I may.
    Question 10 - 10a -11: The questionnaire mainly concerns 'facts' and experiences. In the last 3 questions you ask for opinions.
    I presume you ask for opinions because you would like to enquire about the base of participants reasoning, i.e. why do you choose 'yes' or 'no'. Excellent idea.
    And you have started to do this. However, in 10a, you are only asking for the reason of participants with a particular opinion and in question 11, you don't ask at all.
    To me that already looks a bit like bias.
    I am surprised that you got ethical approval for this or that it was signed off by your research supervisor.

My second comment: It's just nice (and actually professional), if you start your questionnaire with an introduction. I know you introduced yourself here, but if we are to forward the questionnaire to others, they would like to know e.g.: Who is this? Why is the research done? What is the purpose of the questionnaire? What is the background for the investigation? Which institution supervises the reasearch? Where and when was ethics approval given? ....

Cheers,
    Fyzzio

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Mumbai
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hello,

i apologise for the very late reply, I have my exams going on so I couldn’t get back to you as early as I’d wanted to.

Here in India CMEs (Continuing Medical Education) is often used for people in the medical field as you said in your country it is called Professional Development, I understand that I should explain the abbreviation first before using it, thank you for pointing that out.

I hadn’t intended for the questionnaire to reach out to the international physiotherapists, as you must have seen based on Question 8 and 8(a), the main purpose is to know about the level of awareness for using Virtual Reality in Rehabilitation during Physiotherapy sessions for patients as from articles which I have read which have conducted research in different fields of Physiotherapy those have said Virtual Reality helps patients immensely, so to get a perspective of how the awareness levels vary even in a small number between here and there.

I realise that the questionnaire isn’t refined enough, I have spoken to my guide and we’re working to give it the necessary changes and constantly re-reading and improving on it.

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs it has helped me see many things that i have missed and helped me learn a lot for my future in Physiotherapy.

Thanks,
    Farzeen

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Just filled it out. Hope it helps!