Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    australia
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Best Place to Study Undergrad Physiotherapy in Europe?

Taping
    Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Sorry if it's in the wrong section.

I feel a bit of back story is necessary. I am from England but i travel quite a lot. In the future i would like the option to move around a bit, maybe practice in Canada, Australia, France etc as I cant see myself settling down in London for the rest of my life. So i am looking for a course which has good enough credentials to allow me to do this in the future.

The caveat is that i want to study close to home, somewhere in Europe would be ideal but i can't seem to find much information on places like Sweden, Norway, Germany.. the sort of places i would expect there to be good physio courses. My initial research has showed me that courses from England aren't fantastic. I would love to study in Australia or Canada but i've already been travelling around for a few years and i wouldn't like to study 4 years so far away from home.

So does anyone have any experience / recommendations on universities and courses to study throughout UK / Europe and are there any courses that allow you to go study in another place for a year? i.e Vancouver, Sydney, Melbourne.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
      Country
      Flag of New Zealand
      Current Location
      New Zealand
      Member Type
      Physiotherapist
      View Full Profile
      Thanks given to others

Re: Best Place to Study Undergrad Physiotherapy in Europe?

Hi,
      not quite sure where you researched, but just as an example: In Australia you need to demonstrate equivalence to the Australian/ NZ Physio programmes.
      On their list, there are currently programmes from 9 UK universities that are already accepted as equivalent, i.e. the application process is super easy.
      The UK programmes are pretty much accepted worldwide, but you might need some work experience prior to get accepted elsewhere due to the need to match the training duration time (e.g. NZ is 4 years).

Only 1 from each Germany, Netherlands, Ireland; 2 fom Portugal and Spain; none from Scandinavia are on that list.
      Please also remember that you will need to speak the local language if you enter their programmes.
      And then there is the cost - not sure abut Europe, but in NZ e.g. you pay around NZ$ 7.000 pure study fees as a domestic student per year; as an international student, you are looking at NZ$ 35.000 per year.

Good luck,
      Fyzzio

Forum Member Array
      Country
      Flag of United Kingdom
      Current Location
      australia
      Member Type
      General Public
      View Full Profile
      Thanks given to others

Thanks for your reply Fyzzio,

I'm must be misinformed about the state of the UK Physio. I just heard somewhere that our courses are not as in depth as the Australian onesas they tend to be 3 year courses instead of 4 year courses.

Would you be kind enough to point me in the direction of this list?

thanks,
      WizardLeg

Forum Member Array
      Country
      Flag of New Zealand
      Current Location
      New Zealand
      Member Type
      Physiotherapist
      View Full Profile
      Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
      Hi WizardLeg,
      it's on the website of the Australian Physio Council under Equivalence of Qualification.

Good luck,
      Fyzzio