Current Location
    Valencia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thoracic Pain

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    I´m wondering if you could help. I´ve been treating a patient for the last 6 weeks for left thoracic pain at the T4/5 level, with tenderness on palpation also on the left T1,2 and 3 vertebras. She notices the pain when lifting a heavy weight with the left arm, but only feels a short sharp stab of pain. General exercise tends to make it feel better, but she has been unable to exercise as she normally does, as the pan is exacerbated by more intense exercise.
    At beginning she had a lot of muscle contractures around the thoracic spine, which is now better with soft tissue massage. And she feels generally better after treatment with mobilisations of the throracic vertebras and adjoining ribs, manipulation of t4/5, and she is following a specific stretching and strengthening program to regain stability and mobility with postural education.

However, her symptoms persist, although she feels that it is better, it is still not enough to allow how to go back to her usual sporting activities with confidence, as she is afraid of making it worse.

Any suggetions? Thanks in advance!!!