Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Lumbar, Spine - Posterior

Hip, Gluteals - Posterior - Left

SIJ pain treatment plan??

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Hi, I have recently seen a patient that is complaining of pain near the left sacro-iliac joint when playing netball. The patient is positive on compression/distraction test of left SI joint pain. Also the thigh thrust test brings on discomfort in the same region.
    On the stork test there seems to be very little 'normal' movement compared to the right SIJ.
    In addition, the patient has suffered from 'clicky hips' since she was young.
    I just wondered if Anyone knew if this could be linked to the clicky hips or are they separate problems?

If so, what treatment plan should I go ahead with? I have thought about kenisio taping over the SIJ, with various stretches, and stability exercises of the hip and lower back. as well as RICE protocol advice for any flare ups.
    However I just wondered if there would be other treatment approaches that may be of benefit to this patient.

Many thanks
    Matt