Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Slight Lateral Rotation on my right leg

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Hello!
    A small background related to my problem:

About 4 years ago(age of 17), I tore my right leg medial meniscus in football. I had a sewing surgery I think it's called (tore only a little of it). I couldn't move my leg for about 2 months and it was layed on a lateral position for the majority of my recovery. After that I started a rehab and everything went fine, except my right leg which is always in a small lateral rotation position. I served after that in the Combat Army in my country and performing intensive tasks physically. I did not have any problems nor did the lateral rotation limited me in anything.

4 years later (to this date, now 21 years old) I have started lifting heavy weights, mostly Squats and Deadlifts, and after an injury I had on my right hip(either SI Joint or Piriformis) I noticed that my lateral rotation in my foot/hip is causing me some unbalance and asymmetric issues in those exercises, and I actually viewed my enter posture, walking and it looks like my slight rotation is causing me a slight asymmetric movement!

Now, I'm wondering how can I improve my condition and or fix it? Which muscles group do I need to work on? Internal or external? Do I need to stretch or strengthen? My foot and knee feels extremely unbalanced and uncomfortable when I try to point my foot forward, so it feels most natural when I point it out when I squat for example.

My left foot is just fine btw! Feels most natural when it points forward. I have added a picture to further emphasis my situation. Most grateful for any help!