Cape Town
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Red face Urgent Help Required With Fractured Humerus

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Hello.

I am a student physiotherapist who is getting very stressed out about a patient I am due to see on Tuesday (2 Dec 08) !!

My patient is a retired lady (67 years old) and has been referred to physiotherapy by her GP. At the moment I know that roughly eleven weeks ago she fell off a stool onto her shoulder and fractured the surgical neck of her left shoulder. She has been treated with a collar and cuff which was followed by some mobilization. The GP’s referral stated that her shoulder is stiff over the deltoid area down as far as her elbow and her shoulder movements are restricted in a capsular pattern.There has been no other X-rays since the initial x-ray was taken when the incident occured.

I cannot come to a conclusion as to why her pain is radiating down as far as her elbow
    and I would sincerely appreciate any help in this regard. I have many ideas in my head (far too many to mention here) but I feel like I’m going around in circles. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer this stressed student!

Thanks again.